BBO Discussion Forums: Working on a Precision type system... - BBO Discussion Forums

• 2 Pages +
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

Working on a Precision type system... 1C opening...thoughts/suggestions/dislikes?

Poll: Working on a Precision type system... (8 member(s) have cast votes)

Rate the potential of this bid...

1. No potential (6 votes [75.00%])

Percentage of vote: 75.00%

2. Poor (2 votes [25.00%])

Percentage of vote: 25.00%

3. Some (0 votes [0.00%])

Percentage of vote: 0.00%

4. Good (0 votes [0.00%])

5. Great (0 votes [0.00%])

Vote Guests cannot vote

#21 User is offline   RunemPard 

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Full Members
  • Interests:Bridge...some other things too I suppose.

Posted 2012-February-16, 18:50

2D-2S-P-3S

P from my partner says it all...most likely I have a weak hearts, a strong solid minor, or a 4441 w/ s. spades. D would show a stronger 4441 unless decided to be penalty, no?

I put up the bids in mind because asked earlier. Of course, if I often run into problems with a certain bid, it can be adjusted or scrapped if way too common. And yes, I do have fun trying out my minds' crazy ideas...even if it may be bad, I learn from it.

I do see what you mean about the range being too high for 2C. Reason I tried to separate the C only hands (no NT interest) from 1D is to give more detail to the 1D bid. Either a 5cm w/ a 4cM, or a flat diamond opening hand that cannot be opened NT.

1NT bid takes away a lot of the normal weaekr balanced no 5cM 1C openings in standard systems. Ran 40 hands earlier and only one hand was a possible 2C opening...3325 dist. and 14 HCP. Although, 1NT probably fits this better.

As for the 2M-level bids...I am new to them so I appreciate the feedback. I am interested in using them, but do need to learn much more about them.

As always, thanks for the input,

Don
The American Swede of BBF...I eat my meatballs with blueberries, okay?
Junior - Always looking for new partners to improve my play with..I have my fair share of brilliancy and blunders.

"Did your mother really marry a Mr Head and name her son Richard?" - jillybean

#22 User is offline   straube 

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Advanced Members

Posted 2012-February-16, 22:19

I'm not getting your 1C-1D waiting approach. Are you thinking that responder will usually reply 1D? For me, a primary benefit of a strong club is that it allows responder to take up space so as to describe his hand. It seems like you have instead the idea that 1C will only be used for those hands that can be easily described after a 1D waiting bid.

If you want your 1D, 1H, or 1S openings to have a slightly wider range than Precision (like 12-18 or so), that's playable. Some would argue for 1D being even more unlimited and others are happy to announce a 5-cd major instead of a 15+ hand.

But 2C as 12-19 or whatever is too wide.

1C needs to empower responder to branch out. Responder can start a GF more frequently if your 1C is stronger. I personally like 16+ unbalanced or 17+ balanced.

• 2 Pages +
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users