Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

Notrump after balancing double

#1 User is offline   myprac 

• PipPipPip
  • Group: Full Members

Posted 2011-December-18, 13:55

I open 1 in third seat and it's passed around to RHO who doubles. Among my choices are a value-showing redouble, raising my minimum point count to 15, which makes sense. I can rebid clubs or bid another suit, but the notrump choices seem strange to me (these are from rollover descriptions so I can't display them by posting the hand). I looked at 1NT and was surprised to see a HCP count of 20-21. I guess that could make sense given that partner wasn't able to muster a bid over 1 and in keeping with the "slow shows" philosophy. The description for a bid of 2NT in this situation was essentially null: it simply repeated the description for the opening bid of 1. Maybe that's because there's no sensible use for a 2NT bid in this situation (again, noting that partner didn't respond to 1) unless it's just to prevent opponents from finding a fit. Just checking to see if this is right.

#2 User is offline   georgi 

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Yellows

Posted 2011-December-19, 08:14

Thanks for reporting.

Pass - Pass - 1 - Pass
Pass - Double - 1NT - -- 3+ ; 20-21 HCP; 22- total points; stop in ; stop in ; stop in

Looks like bad explanation, it will be corrected. It's same for all 1* suits being doubled from the passed hand.

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users