BBO Discussion Forums: bridge instructors in U.S.A. - BBO Discussion Forums

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

bridge instructors in U.S.A. are there instructors who offer free lessons?

#1 User is offline   c3cummins 

• PipPip
  • Group: Members

Posted 2011-December-17, 15:23

I would like to see a list of bridge instructors/coaches in the USA who may offer free instructions. Or a list of teachers/coaches listing their fees and requirements.

Carol

#2 User is offline   Vampyr 

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Advanced Members

Posted 2011-December-17, 16:43

View Postc3cummins, on 2011-December-17, 15:23, said:

I would like to see a list of bridge instructors/coaches in the USA who may offer free instructions. Or a list of teachers/coaches listing their fees and requirements.

Carol

Richard Pavlicik has lots of instructional material on his website. Also, clubs and teachers may offer an occasional taster session, which would be free of charge.

There are probably lists of teachers on the ACBL website, but you would likely have to ring them to find out their fees and requirements.
I know not with what weapons World War III will be fought, but World War IV will be fought with sticks and stones -- Albert Einstein

#3 User is online   jillybean 

• hooked
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Interests:Multi

Posted 2011-December-17, 18:55

Not exactly 'bridge instructors' but check your local clubs to see if they have a mentor/mentee program.
The Vancouver Bridge Centre http://www.cs.sfu.ca...an-bc/index.htm has a fabulous, free M/M program
and sessions/lessons for newer players.
"And no matter what methods you play, it is essential, for anyone aspiring to learn to be a good player, to learn the importance of bidding shape properly." MikeH
(still learning)

#4 User is offline   kenrexford 

• Brain Farts and Actual Farts Increasing with Age
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Interests:www.limadbc.blogspot.com editor/contributor

Posted 2011-December-18, 10:17

Many partners will offer lessons for free, whether you want them or not. Ideally, find someone who swears by Mini-Roman or who insists that you cannot open 1NT with a five-card major. If you are having problems finding someone, call your local club and ask for a pickup partner -- the odds are good.
"Gibberish in, gibberish out. A trial judge, three sets of lawyers, and now three appellate judges cannot agree on what this law means. And we ask police officers, prosecutors, defense lawyers, and citizens to enforce or abide by it? The legislature continues to write unreadable statutes. Gibberish should not be enforced as law."

-P.J. Painter.

#5 User is offline   babalu1997 

• Duchess of Malaprop
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Full Members
  • Interests:i am not interested

Posted 2011-December-18, 11:15

View Postc3cummins, on 2011-December-17, 15:23, said:

Carol

the bil lounge at bbo offers free lessons at bbo for a nominal $10 year fee

http://www.bilbridge.com/

i took many lessons there a few years ago, many held by world class players

there are also many public mentoring sessions online held by by the juniors bbo club, richard strickland (richardrls-- send him a mail for the times) at bbo , fifth chair foundation at ok bridge and larry lande at swansbridge.

View PostFree, on 2011-May-10, 03:57, said:

Babalu just wanted a shoulder to cry on, is that too much to ask for?

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users