BBO Discussion Forums: Common Error - BBO Discussion Forums

Jump to content

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

Common Error will derail this contract

#1 User is offline   TWO4BRIDGE 

  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Advanced Members
  • Posts: 2,247
  • Joined: 2010-October-21
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:Texas

Posted 2011-November-23, 12:13

Ht K lead; Ht Q continued, which you ruff


It looks like only 3 losers, and you will find a 3-2 trump split.
What can go wrong ?
Don Stenmark
TWOferBRIDGE
"imo by far in bridge the least understood concept is how to bid over a jump-shift
( 1M-1NT!-3m-?? )." ....Justin Lall

" Did someone mention relays? " .... Zelandakh

K-Rex to Mikeh : " Sometimes you drive me nuts " .
1

#3 User is offline   billw55 

  • enigmatic
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Advanced Members
  • Posts: 4,757
  • Joined: 2009-July-31
  • Gender:Male

Posted 2011-November-23, 15:07

Spoiler

Life is long and beautiful, if bad things happen, good things will follow.
-gwnn
1

#4 User is offline   Yu18772 

  • PipPipPipPip
  • Group: Full Members
  • Posts: 466
  • Joined: 2010-August-31
  • Gender:Female
  • Location:Los Angeles

Posted 2011-November-24, 03:33

What can go wrong? plenty of things, most of which are self inflicted when I play the hand :). I can loose control if I draw 3 rounds of ♠, I can allow ♣ ruff if I play ♣ before ♦ even once.......I would draw 2 rounds of ♠, and play ♦, ruff the ♥ return/take trump return, and play another ♦.

Posted Image
Yehudit Hasin

"But I don't want to go among mad people," Alice remarked.
"Oh, you can't help that," said the Cat: "we're all mad here. I'm mad. You're mad."
"How do you know I'm mad?" said Alice.
"You must be," said the Cat, "or you wouldn't have come here."
1

#5 User is offline   Antrax 

  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Advanced Members
  • Posts: 2,458
  • Joined: 2011-March-15
  • Gender:Male

Posted 2011-November-24, 04:29

I see a potential problem, but I can just trade it for another problem when diamonds are 5-2 and the doubleton diamond has the third spade. Less probable than the original issue, though.
0

#6 User is offline   TWO4BRIDGE 

  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Advanced Members
  • Posts: 2,247
  • Joined: 2010-October-21
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:Texas

Posted 2011-November-24, 05:29

All the above are correct.
It is tempting to draw the last trump, but you will lose a vital tempo.
Because of the trump taps w/♥ when you attack ♦, you shouldn't draw the last trump.
You guess the ♦ wrong, as usual, but luckily ( a lower probability of failure ), the 3rd ♦ can't be ruffed, and your careful play is rewarded when you have enough trumps to ruff the last ♥ tap AND draw the last trump.
Losing 1h and 2d .
Don Stenmark
TWOferBRIDGE
"imo by far in bridge the least understood concept is how to bid over a jump-shift
( 1M-1NT!-3m-?? )." ....Justin Lall

" Did someone mention relays? " .... Zelandakh

K-Rex to Mikeh : " Sometimes you drive me nuts " .
1

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users