Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

Crunch time

#1 User is offline   y66 

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Advanced Members

Posted 2011-November-19, 14:39

I have a serious question for anyone living near Minnesota. Have you tried a SweeTango apple? Is it as good as the hype? Here in Virginia they grow Honey Crisp apples. The Honey Crisp is a direct ancestor and probably the best apple I've ever eaten. I have not seen any SweeTango apples this far south.
If you lose all hope, you can always find it again -- Richard Ford in The Sportswriter

#2 User is offline   BunnyGo 

• Lamentable Bunny
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 2011-November-19, 14:45

Were you listening to NPR today too?
Bridge Personality: 44 44 43 34

Never tell the same lie twice. - Elim Garek on the real moral of "The boy who cried wolf"

#3 User is offline   y66 

Posted 2011-November-19, 15:17

View PostBunnyGo, on 2011-November-19, 14:45, said:

Were you listening to NPR today too?

I read John Seabrook's story in the New Yorker. I usually listen to NPR on Saturdays in the car but I haven't been out in the car today. I really should tie their streaming feed into my computer addiction.
If you lose all hope, you can always find it again -- Richard Ford in The Sportswriter

#4 User is offline   kenberg 

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 2011-November-19, 17:19

From the SweetTango website:

He said SweeTango was a natural choice for his herring dish because of the apple’s ties to Minnesota. (SweeTango was developed at the University of Minnesota.)

Lead judge Don Miller, executive chef at the University of Notre Dame, praised Chef Ron’s creation.

“Chef Ron’s entrée was phenomenal,” Miller said in a press release from the University of Minnesota. “He really had a command of the fish.”

How things change! Growing up in Minnesota we ate bass and pickerel for fish and whatever was hanging on the neighbor's tree for apples. Herring and SweetTangoes. Minnesota will never be the same. And no one ever said "He really had a command of the fish.”
Ken

#5 User is offline   y66 

Posted 2011-November-19, 17:28

View Postkenberg, on 2011-November-19, 17:19, said:

From the SweetTango website:

How things change! Growing up in Minnesota we ate bass and pickerel for fish and whatever was hanging on the neighbor's tree for apples. Herring and SweetTangoes. Minnesota will never be the same. And no one ever said "He really had a command of the fish.”

What no walleye? I thought Walleye were big in Minnesota. I caught one once in a lake/reservoir near DC. Threw it back so someone else around here could catch one. They are the toothiest fish I've ever seen. I wonder how it got down here.

#6 User is offline   blackshoe 

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 2011-November-19, 19:45

Took the bus? :lol:
--------------------
As for tv, screw it. You aren't missing anything. -- Ken Berg
I have come to realise it is futile to expect or hope a regular club game will be run in accordance with the laws. -- Jillybean

#7 User is offline   y66 

Posted 2011-November-20, 14:34

There aren't any bus stops near that lake.

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users