Pass  2    Pass  2NT
 Pass  3    Pass  3
 Pass  4    Pass  4NT
 Pass  6    Pass  7
 Pass  Pass  Pass  

Hi all,

I have a couple of questions, I am South

1/. Would you be happy if you were my p and my 2nt bid showed 23-24 balanced

after stayman by north and souths denial of a 4 card major, 4 diamonds shows natural

2/. was RKCB best option here

3/. after 6 clubs (1 key and void clubs) , should I bid 7!d or take bull by the horns and bid 7nt

4/. is there a better way to get here and is 7 diamonds best contract even though 7nt makes and got a top?

#2 User is offline   paulg 

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Advanced Members

Posted 2004-October-14, 10:48

after stayman by north and souths denial of a 4 card major, 4 diamonds shows natural

I would not be happy with 2NT - there is no reason to bid 2NT with no heart stop at this stage. You could easily miss a slam whilst losing the first five tricks in 3NT.

It would be a good option but the 4NT bid looks very natural to me. What would you bid with poor diamonds and good clubs?

A better sequence would be ... 3-3-4-4-4NT ...

3/. after 6 clubs (1 key and void clubs) , should I bid 7!d or take bull by the horns and bid 7nt

Showing voids opposite a big balanced hand is not normally very useful, but at IMPs there is no reason to bid 7NT rather than 7. In fact the void response suggests that you will not have the tricks in 7NT.

4/. is there a better way to get here and is 7 diamonds best contract even though 7nt makes and got a top?

As 7NT needs two finesses it is a very poor contract. 7 is better but will need either a 4-3 club break or the heart finesse on a spade lead - so a reasonable grand but perhaps not as good as it looks.

p
The Beer Card

I don't work for BBO and any advice is based on my BBO experience over the decades

#3 User is offline   helium 

• PipPipPipPip
  • Group: Full Members
  • Interests:BRIDGE!!!!!!

Posted 2004-October-14, 16:26

cardsharp, on Oct 14 2004, 11:48 AM, said:

I would not be happy with 2NT - there is no reason to bid 2NT with no heart stop at this stage. You could easily miss a slam whilst losing the first five tricks in 3NT.

It would be a good option but the 4NT bid looks very natural to me. What would you bid with poor diamonds and good clubs?

A better sequence would be ... 3-3-4-4-4NT ...

Showing voids opposite a big balanced hand is not normally very useful, but at IMPs there is no reason to bid 7NT rather than 7. In fact the void response suggests that you will not have the tricks in 7NT.

As 7NT needs two finesses it is a very poor contract. 7 is better but will need either a 4-3 club break or the heart finesse on a spade lead - so a reasonable grand but perhaps not as good as it looks.

p

good answers ill support them:))
foole me once, shame one you!!
foole me twice, shame on me....!!

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users