BBO Discussion Forums: Revisiting "Bridge Personality", part 3 - BBO Discussion Forums

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

Revisiting "Bridge Personality", part 3

Poll: Bridge Personality Part 3: Defense (60 member(s) have cast votes)

What is your preferred level of complexity for defensive carding agreements?

1. I prefer to have almost no carding agreements, I depend almost entirely on judgment and general principles (0 votes [0.00%])

Percentage of vote: 0.00%

2. I prefers only simple carding agreements (4 votes [6.67%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 6.67%

3. I prefer an average level of complexity in carding agreements; e.g., suit preference in obvious situations only (31 votes [51.67%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 51.67%

4. I prefer more complex agreements; frequent suit preference, trump suit agreements, Smith echo, etc. (23 votes [38.33%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 38.33%

5. I prefer highly complex carding agreements, wherein almost every spot card has a specific and identifiable meaning (2 votes [3.33%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 3.33%

How would you characterize your level of aggression on opening lead?

1. Very conservative, I almost always make a passive lead to avoid giving up tricks (0 votes [0.00%])

2. Conservative, I usually lead passively in the absence of evidence to the contrary (13 votes [21.67%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 21.67%

3. Average, I wouldn't consider myself aggressive or conservative on opening lead (36 votes [60.00%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 60.00%

4. Aggressive, I usually make an attacking lead in the absence of evidence to the contrary, (11 votes [18.33%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 18.33%

5. Very aggressive, I almost always make an attacking lead looking for the set (0 votes [0.00%])

Vote Guests cannot vote

#1 User is offline   daveharty 

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Full Members
  • Interests:Bridge, juggling, disc sports, Jane Austen, writing, cosmology, and Mexican food

Posted 2011-November-15, 18:34

This is the third part of the poll, covering the "Defense" trait pair.

Part 1 of the poll is here.

Part 2 of the poll is here.

Part 4 of the poll is here.
Revised Bridge Personality: 44 43 33 44

Dianne, I'm holding in my hand a small box of chocolate bunnies... --Agent Dale Cooper

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users