Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

A wiki for the laws?

#1 User is online   blackshoe 

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Advanced Members

Posted 2011-November-05, 19:11

It occurred to me last night that a wiki might be a good format for discussing proposed new laws for 2018. What do people think?
--------------------
As for tv, screw it. You aren't missing anything. -- Ken Berg
I have come to realise it is futile to expect or hope a regular club game will be run in accordance with the laws. -- Jillybean

#2 User is offline   gnasher 

• Andy Bowles
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 2011-November-06, 11:40

I think it would lead to undesirable fragmentation of the discussion, with some users using the wiki, some using this forum, and some using both but having to post the same material in both places. It's a bit like the relationship between this forum and rec.games.bridge - Usenet is obviously a better medium for discussing bridge, but in practice this forum is better because it's what most people prefer to use.
... that would still not be conclusive proof, before someone wants to explain that to me as well as if I was a 5 year-old. - gwnn

#3 User is offline   mycroft 

• Secretary Bird
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 2011-November-07, 12:32

I think it would be a great idea for this discussion - but I'm going to guess it won't happen, for a number of reasons (some good, some bad. In fact I thought that the first time I read that notification).

It might be a good idea for unofficial discussions on the points, so that the suggestions aren't coming in without thought, and only correlated (or correlatable) at the WBFLC Drafting committee level.
Alternatively, a sub-forum of IBLF CL&R dedicated only to "suggestions that fit WBFLC guidelines" would work (as I'm more concerned about the discussion page than the wiki page anyway).
When I go to sea, don't fear for me, Fear For The Storm -- Birdie and the Swansong (tSCoSI)

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users