• You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

Iceland pairs National. Butler

#21 User is offline   bluejak 

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Advanced Members
  • Interests:Bridge Laws, Cats, Railways, Transport timetables

Posted 2011-October-13, 07:39

Maybe I should. And more and more people are telling me what to do.

I try to help on forums with posts that already take up too much of my time. I do not really want to be told to do additional things, thank-you. If Jeffrey likes to tell me my post is wrong, I don't mind. But I have neither the time nor the energy to analyse the differences over an area that does not interest me very much.

I would appreciate just being allowed to post what I want: if you think it wrong, feel free to say so. But please will people stop telling me what to do.

I am not paid for this, nor for much of the rest of the stuff I do. It is a lot of voluntary work because I feel I have something to offer. In return I get no appreciation by various authorities, I get less work available to me each year and am struggling, and more and more work is expected of me voluntarily.

Fine: it is not your fault. But this is voluntary, yes? And I do not want to be told to post things I do not want to post, ok?
David Stevenson

Merseyside England UK
EBL TD
Currently at home
Visiting IBLF from time to time
<webjak666@gmail.com>

#22 User is online   lamford 

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 2011-October-13, 09:35

View Postbluejak, on 2011-October-13, 07:39, said:

Maybe I should. And more and more people are telling me what to do.

I try to help on forums with posts that already take up too much of my time. I do not really want to be told to do additional things, thank-you. If Jeffrey likes to tell me my post is wrong, I don't mind. But I have neither the time nor the energy to analyse the differences over an area that does not interest me very much.

I would appreciate just being allowed to post what I want: if you think it wrong, feel free to say so. But please will people stop telling me what to do.

I am not paid for this, nor for much of the rest of the stuff I do. It is a lot of voluntary work because I feel I have something to offer. In return I get no appreciation by various authorities, I get less work available to me each year and am struggling, and more and more work is expected of me voluntarily.

Fine: it is not your fault. But this is voluntary, yes? And I do not want to be told to post things I do not want to post, ok?

I prefer to give the lawmakers credit for stating things for a reason - barmar

#23 User is offline   aguahombre 

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 2011-October-13, 09:59

FWIW, I thought Bluejack was being asked for clarification about his disagreement with certain premises, not being told what to do.

But, if some earlier post is what set him off, then his position on being a volunteer and not wanting to be bossed around shouldn't be violin material.

If I throw out a hook like "disagree with your premise", I expect to be asked in return which premise and why; and IMO such question would deserve an answer. But I didn't do that in this case, so it isn't my choice.
"Bidding Spades to show spades can work well." (Kenberg)

• 2 Pages +
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

2 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 2 guests, 0 anonymous users