#1 User is offline   MrAce 

• VIP Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Advanced Members

Posted 2011-September-04, 15:29

7-

Whats your call, imps.
"Genius has its own limitations, however stupidity has no such boundaries!"
"It's only when a mosquito lands on your testicles that you realize there is always a way to solve problems without using violence!"

"Well to be perfectly honest, in my humble opinion, of course without offending anyone who thinks differently from my point of view, but also by looking into this matter in a different perspective and without being condemning of one's view's and by trying to make it objectified, and by considering each and every one's valid opinion, I honestly believe that I completely forgot what I was going to say."

#2 User is offline   jmcw 

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Full Members

Posted 2011-September-04, 15:45

X and bid 4 over whatever partner does if possible.
If he surprises with 4 or 5! go to 6 at least.
If he passes were beating it.

#3 User is offline   whereagles 

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Interests:Everything!

Posted 2011-September-05, 09:09

A straight 4H on KISS grounds. Note that the only one who can dbl this, RHO, has his would-be KJx under our tenaces so he would not dare do it.

#4 User is offline   phil_20686 

• Scotland
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 2011-September-06, 06:59

I am not sure why I want to mis-describe my hand by bidding 4H direct. Partner is still alive. For me, the choices are dble or bid 3H. If I dble I am basically hoping for a penalty pass. I will also probably gain when diamonds is our best spot. I am offsetting that gain against the loss when partner bids 4S with 4-3 or 4-2 in the majors and 4S is off when 4H is making.

I have no strong feelings about this. IS RHO looking fidgety? I think my preference is for 3H, but its close, and I would certainly dble if I picked up worry from rho. I might also ask about their preempt style, as if it is "solid" a penalty is less likely. If they are U20, or gnasher, then a dble is surely best.
The physics is theoretical, but the fun is real. - Sheldon Cooper

#5 User is offline   mikeh 

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Interests:Bridge, golf, wine (red), cooking, reading eclectically but insatiably, travelling, making bad posts.

Posted 2011-September-06, 10:29

This seems to me to have 3 possible answers, so it is a good problem.

My preference is for the cautious 3, expecting partner to raise aggressively. (edited...mistakenly said '4')

Double could easily work better....tho I'd be stuck over 3 (I'd bid 4 but be unhappy) and I would be nervous on defence to 3 x'd.....make me 3=5=4=1, and I'd be delighted.

4 could also work out: give partner just enough to make game and not enough to raise 3, but that's a narrow target. In the meantime, if he has a good hand we may get too high, since, to me, 4 is better hand/suit than I hold.
'one of the great markers of the advance of human kindness is the howls you will hear from the Men of God' Johann Hari

#6 User is offline   phil_20686 

• Scotland
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 2011-September-06, 11:47

View Postmikeh, on 2011-September-06, 10:29, said:

This seems to me to have 3 possible answers, so it is a good problem.

My preference is for the cautious 4, expecting partner to raise aggressively.

Double could easily work better....tho I'd be stuck over 3 (I'd bid 4 but be unhappy) and I would be nervous on defence to 3 x'd.....make me 3=5=4=1, and I'd be delighted.

4 could also work out: give partner just enough to make game and not enough to raise 3, but that's a narrow target. In the meantime, if he has a good hand we may get too high, since, to me, 4 is better hand/suit than I hold.

Do you mean a cautious 3H?
The physics is theoretical, but the fun is real. - Sheldon Cooper

#7 User is offline   wyman 

• Redoubling with gusto
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Interests:Math, Bridge, Beer. Often at the same time.

Posted 2011-September-06, 11:52

I would X. I think I'm too good for 3H and too flexible for 4H.
"I think maybe so and so was caught cheating but maybe I don't have the names right". Sure, and I think maybe your mother .... Oh yeah, that was someone else maybe. -- kenberg

"...we live off being battle-scarred veterans who manage to hate our opponents slightly more than we hate each other.” -- Hamman, re: Wolff

#8 User is offline   MrAce 

• VIP Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 2011-September-06, 22:49

This one i bid 3 and pd passed , game is good, at the table we were saved by my RHO.
"Genius has its own limitations, however stupidity has no such boundaries!"
"It's only when a mosquito lands on your testicles that you realize there is always a way to solve problems without using violence!"

"Well to be perfectly honest, in my humble opinion, of course without offending anyone who thinks differently from my point of view, but also by looking into this matter in a different perspective and without being condemning of one's view's and by trying to make it objectified, and by considering each and every one's valid opinion, I honestly believe that I completely forgot what I was going to say."

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users