BBO Discussion Forums: Improving BBO MMI (man machine Interface) - BBO Discussion Forums

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • This topic is locked

Improving BBO MMI (man machine Interface)

#1 User is offline   ps123 

• Pip
  • Group: Members

Posted 2011-August-13, 16:10

To BBO managements

1. Bumping out a player
One of the features you gave to the Table-Owner, whenever he wants, is to bump out one (or more) of the other 3 players.
If I understand your policy, your system counts, for each player, how many times he bumped out and if the number is too high you also punish him.
Many times I have been bumped out with no reasonable reason.

I suggest you to change slightly your system as follows:
• When the Table-Owner select the bottom of bumping out one of the players this player will get the following message: "The Table-Owner ask you to leave, if you don't leave you will be bumped out within 60 seconds"
• After 60 seconds, if that player stay, the system will automatically bumped him out.

2. Chatting during play
It will be very nice if you will add this capability. All 4 players on a conference
It can be suggested by the table owner and will be effected only after all other 3 players will accept.
Each player (out of the 4) will be able to terminate the chat.

3. Selecting table to join
I am using the old BBO software and not the online one because:
Before joining a table I want to see the level of all other players.
The online system doesn't give this capability.
Can you add it?

I will appreciate to get your respond.

#2 User is offline   barmar 

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Admin

Posted 2011-August-14, 20:38

Welcome to the forums, ps123.

FYI, the place to post BBO suggestions is in the Suggestions for the Software forum. This forum is for discussion of BridgeBase products other than BBO.

I expect one of the forum admins will move the thread there.

#3 User is offline   barmar 

Posted 2011-August-14, 20:47

1. If you're getting bumped so frequently that you're getting punished, I think there's probably a reason.

3. Since most people don't describe their level accurately, what's the point?

#4 User is offline   Free 

• mmm Duvel
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Advanced Members
  • Interests:Duvel, Whisky

Posted 2011-August-23, 07:05

I thought the bumpers were the ones getting investigated/punished, not the bumped.
"It may be rude to leave to go to the bathroom, but it's downright stupid to sit there and piss yourself" - blackshoe

#5 User is offline   diana_eva 

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 2011-August-23, 07:17

View Postps123, on 2011-August-13, 16:10, said:

To BBO managements

1. Bumping out a player
One of the features you gave to the Table-Owner, whenever he wants, is to bump out one (or more) of the other 3 players.
If I understand your policy, your system counts, for each player, how many times he bumped out and if the number is too high you also punish him.
Many times I have been bumped out with no reasonable reason.

I suggest you to change slightly your system as follows:
• When the Table-Owner select the bottom of bumping out one of the players this player will get the following message: "The Table-Owner ask you to leave, if you don't leave you will be bumped out within 60 seconds"
• After 60 seconds, if that player stay, the system will automatically bumped him out.

2. Chatting during play
It will be very nice if you will add this capability. All 4 players on a conference
It can be suggested by the table owner and will be effected only after all other 3 players will accept.
Each player (out of the 4) will be able to terminate the chat.

3. Selecting table to join
I am using the old BBO software and not the online one because:
Before joining a table I want to see the level of all other players.
The online system doesn't give this capability.
Can you add it?

I will appreciate to get your respond.

1. In theory at least, the Host should ask a player to leave, before booting. Adding an automated notice to make up for the discourtesy of some hosts is not much of a solution, but still an idea to think about.

As for the way being booted out of a table affects one's stats, it makes sense to track both the booter and the booted players. If someone gets booted all the time, it might be something he's doing.

2. Chat is possible at the table, for everyone. Unless you mean voice chat?

To chat while playing, click the ->Table arrow on the left (for the web version). On the downloadable version, click the "Chat" button at the bottom of the BBO window.

3. On the web version you can see a player's profile by clicking his name. Or you can choose to enable the option to see profiles on mouse-over. Click the options button at the top, select More options, then Advanced Options. Tick "Show profile upon mouseover ."

#6 User is offline   barmar 

Posted 2011-August-23, 11:29

View Postdiana_eva, on 2011-August-23, 07:17, said:

2. Chat is possible at the table, for everyone. Unless you mean voice chat?

I don't think he was asking for the ability to chat. He was asking for the ability to disable chat, perhaps by vote of the players. Currently, the table host can choose whether to allow kibitzers to chat, but there's no control over player chat.

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • This topic is locked

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users