BBO Discussion Forums: B/I Forum usage - BBO Discussion Forums

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

B/I Forum usage What level are you

Poll: Who uses this forum and why (22 member(s) have cast votes)

Who uses this forum and why

1. novice (2 votes [9.09%])

Percentage of vote: 9.09%

2. intermediate (11 votes [50.00%])

Percentage of vote: 50.00%

3. advanced (5 votes [22.73%])

Percentage of vote: 22.73%

4. expert (3 votes [13.64%])

Percentage of vote: 13.64%

5. world class (0 votes [0.00%])

Percentage of vote: 0.00%

6. Ben Top Dog (1 votes [4.55%])

Percentage of vote: 4.55%

Vote Guests cannot vote

#1 User is offline   sceptic 

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Advanced Members

Posted 2004-September-28, 06:34

Hi,

I am curious as to who visits this particular part of the Forum, one of the reasons I am curious, is that I don't see much activity from my level answering questions (perhaps a misplaced perception), but I think these forums are great learning tool and I personally think more beginners and intermediates should be encouraged to visit it.

I do tend to use it myself to try get some answers and there are a lot of very helpful people here that discuss things and take the time to help others. Which is appreciated.

I would like to do another poll about who reads this forum but never posts here and I would like to know why they dont.

#2 User is offline   badderzboy 

• PipPipPipPip
  • Group: Full Members

Posted 2004-October-01, 09:38

I would like to agree with Wayne, more BILlies would benefit from asking questions about bidding / play etc from their peers and fellow BILlies because it invokes ideas into other situations we are yet to come across.

I play in a live Beginners/Intermediate class as one of the strongest players yet I ask more questions on bidding / play than others - the reason I ask is I don't mind looking foolish, it gets the opinion of stronger players on what they would do and it also helps me focus on the weaker part(s) of my game (OK all of it :-) ).

So fellow BILlies post here - ask many questions and you'll be amazed how much it helps your game and learning - most posters don't bite!

Steve

#3 User is offline   inquiry 

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Admin
  • Interests:Bridge, what else?

Posted 2004-October-01, 10:04

As of now there are 377 topics in this forum, I started 59 of them. I think you will see that for the most part, my topics are "educational" kind o things where I am trying to offer suggestion, and or spur interest in this forum. The majority came before or right when the BIL club was formed on BBO.

I also reply to questions when someone ask, this I think is the purpose of forums such as this. To offer a place to hear a variety of opinions.

BTW, I didn't vote in the poll because someone already voted for what I think my response should have been...

Second BTW, I could say I participate because I am the moderator of this forum, but I particpated even more BEFORE they made a mistake and made me a moderator... so that is not it.... :D

Ben
--Ben--

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users