Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

Pairs Tournaments: Registering

#1 User is offline   AAr 

• PipPipPipPip
  • Group: Full Members

Posted 2004-September-28, 23:54

I like BBO's tourneys (Individual Unclocked IMPs is my current favorite), but I do have a question.

Lately, in Pairs tourneys, I have been having a lot of partners either log off or dump me the last 2 minutes before the tourney starts. It seems to me that if you discover that your partner logged off the last minute before the tourney starts, you must cancel registration, get back on the Partnership Desk, and find a new partner, and wait for the partner to join you, hoping he/she does in time, ALL before the tourney starts! Less than 1 minute is not a lot of time to do all this! Therefore, I'm left registering as a sub, and there's no guarentee you can get in doing this.

So, what I'm asking is this: Is there any way to better guarentee that you will get to play in a Pairs Tourney with a new partner even if your partner logs off on you or dumps you in the last minute before the tourney starts? There's got to be an easier task than I discovered.

Thanks!

#2 User is offline   guggie 

• PipPipPipPip
  • Group: Full Members

Posted 2004-September-29, 01:18

It will get better after some time, whwn you have found players with whom you like to play and vv. Stick out for a while, make players you like friends, add in free text why, and next time ask someone who you have marked as friend.

#3 User is offline   Flame 

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Advanced Members

Posted 2004-October-01, 16:17

You should have post it in another forum, anyway i dont think this should or will be fixed, the ways to fix it arent worth it.
Maybe you just had bad luck.

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users