Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

Loud and Clear Voice commentary on Vugraph

#1 User is offline   G_R__E_G 

• PipPipPipPip
  • Group: Full Members

Posted 2011-July-20, 12:38

Okay - this is an exciting development http://www.bridgewin...-loud-and-clear .

One small complaint...Why did I have to find out about this on Bridge Winners and only after the match was over? Did I miss an announcement? I really would have loved to be logged on for the first broadcast.
Visit my club website www.midlanddbc.com

#2 User is offline   wyman 

• Redoubling with gusto
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Advanced Members
  • Interests:Math, Bridge, Beer. Often at the same time.

Posted 2011-July-20, 12:46

I was fortunate enough to log in and see that this was going on.

First, this is a great thing, and I hope to see more of it in the future. Second, in the little box, "commentary" was spelled "commentatary." Third, the audio was choppy at times (small complaint, but I imagine people will be doing commentary from all over the world, so quality will correlate with connection (all analysis being equal :)). Fourth, you guys chose excellent inaugural commentators; thanks to Gavin, Fred, and Roland.

I wonder if soon we'll have the ability to turn chat on and off at our own MBC/tournament tables, so that we might have more of the face-to-face experience (would be fun for teamgames, for sure -- I guess we could all get on skype, though, and open a conversation).
"I think maybe so and so was caught cheating but maybe I don't have the names right". Sure, and I think maybe your mother .... Oh yeah, that was someone else maybe. -- kenberg

"...we live off being battle-scarred veterans who manage to hate our opponents slightly more than we hate each other.” -- Hamman, re: Wolff

#3 User is offline   Rain 

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Advanced Members

Posted 2011-July-20, 17:03

You didn't miss any announcements. There were some bugs like wyman noted, and we need to get them fixed before letting everyone join. One of the bugs limits the number of people who can hear.

The idea is to get everything fixed in time for the spingold, so stay tuned. It will be available only to those using new BBO version - upgrade to familiarize yourself if you are not using it yet! Hear you next week.
"More and more these days I find myself pondering how to reconcile my net income with my gross habits."

John Nelson.

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users