BBO Discussion Forums: Walking with the beer bottle in tha hand - BBO Discussion Forums

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

Walking with the beer bottle in tha hand

#1 User is offline   Aberlour10 

• Vugrapholic
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Advanced Members

Posted 2011-July-06, 18:02

Off season topic heh. This summer on Rhine has a new hype, it seems everybody únder 35 walks on the river promenades and Old Town in Düsseldorf with the bottle of beer or beer mix drinks in the hand. Males or females, people in designer clothes or jeans, you will meet this new style in all leisure areas here. Until not so long ago only clochards would do such a things. I am just curious, if this hype is elsewhere in the world too?
Preempts are Aberlour's best bridge friends

#2 User is offline   Bbradley62 

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Advanced Members

Posted 2011-July-06, 21:36

It's illegal in most of the United States.

#3 User is offline   G_R__E_G 

• PipPipPipPip
  • Group: Full Members

Posted 2011-July-07, 12:17

It's illegal here in Ontario Canada as well. Funny story (at least I think it's borderline hilarious) - back when I was in university some friends and I had been out at a local watering hole. I was rather quite drunk and whilst walking home I decided that my friends shouldn't be walking, they should be taking a cab. Much to my delight a few moments later a "cab" went driving by. Two minorly unfortunate things were: a) I hailed the cab with the hand that was holding the bottle of beer that I'd smuggled out of the bar and b) what the drunken idiot thought was a cab was actually a police car. It wasn't even an unmarked car, it was a fully identified, lights on the top police car. Anyway, the fine at the time for drinking in public was $63.75 which was a small price to pay for such a fond memory of getting a ticket on the lovely main street in Waterloo, Ontario.
Visit my club website www.midlanddbc.com

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users