• You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

How to log hands? normal procedure doesnt work

#1 User is offline   bridgeboy 

• PipPipPipPip
  • Group: Full Members

Posted 2004-September-22, 15:54

hi all...

I tried to log hands when kibitzing in the main lobby.

However all I get is files with one hand per file.. cannot log multiple hands despite the fact I watch quite a few hands played?

Secondly.. Is there a way to annotate the hands from the logged files? will be useful if we can add in a few notes for team review? I think I see this feature somewhere.. just cannot do it when I opened the lin files.

Thanks in advance

bridgeboy

#2 User is offline   inquiry 

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Admin
  • Interests:Bridge, what else?

Posted 2004-September-22, 16:15

Hi,

I wonder if you were following an EW pair in a tourey with 1 board per round. When you move iwith them to the next table (while kibitzing), you will create a new lin file (when you change tables, it always creates a new file).

If you are in the main room, all the hands should be in the same file as long as you stay at the table.

To add text, you need only the new text command. This is esay, as the New Text command is two letter.. nt...

To add the text, open the lin file with NOTEPAD, go to the hand you want to add the new text,

set it off like this |nt|Type you message here|

1) You set NT off with vertical line (on my keyboard, the vertical line is just above the enter key)

2) the command format is a vertical line, the command (in this case nt), another vertical line, then the text you want to enter, followed by a vertical line.

To add, "This is a great play by bridgeboy" to a page with a particular play, find the play with the play.. it will look something like this

pc|SK|pc|S2|pc|SA|pc|S4|pg||

What this is pc = play card command. the vertical line sets off the command (the first command on each page does not have the leading vertical line). After the first PC command, you see a pair of vertical lines with SK between them. This means play spade king. You see another pc command between vertical bars, followed by play spade 2, then spade ace, then spade 4. The last command is pg.. this has an empty data field (nothing between the vertical bar at the end of the pg and closing vertical bar. This command means you ahve to push the next page button to go the next page.

Now we are going to add our pharse...

pc|SK|pc|S2|pc|SA|pc|S4|nt|This is a great play by bridgeboy|pg||

That is about it. I recommend that you make a copy of the lin file and set it askide in case you screw it up somehow. Second, when you save teh editted file, don't save it as a text file. Instead choose SAVE AS, and choose file type "any file type" and click on the lin file you are editing. When saved it should be "bridgeboy.lin" instead of bridgeboy.lin.txt .. if you stick the txt on the end of the file, you will not be open to open it.

Good luck

Ben
--Ben--

#3 User is offline   Cascade 

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Yellows
  • Interests:Juggling, Unicycling

Posted 2004-September-22, 22:54

It is easy to annotate a lin file by loading it into a movie and clicking the annotate button.

You can make separate annotations for each bid and play.
Wayne Burrows

I believe that the USA currently hold only the World Championship For People Who Still Bid Like Your Auntie Gladys - dburn
dunno how to play 4 card majors - JLOGIC
True but I know Standard American and what better reason could I have for playing Precision? - Hideous Hog
Bidding is an estimation of probabilities SJ Simon

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users