BBO Discussion Forums: Since we're talking and simming leads vs 3NT - BBO Discussion Forums

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

Since we're talking and simming leads vs 3NT I think this one was interesting

#1 User is offline   Hanoi5 

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Advanced Members
  • Interests:Bridge, Video Games, Languages, Travelling.

Posted 2011-June-17, 18:26

MSC, June, 1999:

{comments}

Double was negative.

No peeking.

View Postwyman, on 2012-May-04, 09:48, said:

Also, he rates to not have a heart void when he leads the 3.

View Postrbforster, on 2012-May-20, 21:04, said:

Besides playing for fun, most people also like to play bridge to win

My YouTube Channel

#2 User is offline   MrAce 

• VIP Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 2011-June-17, 20:39

(Assuming pd has a stopper they need to knock) I lead a , leading small seems like creating problems when pd has Qxxxx or QTxxx even when he has ATxxx declarer's Qxxx will be problem, i will lead K of .
"Genius has its own limitations, however stupidity has no such boundaries!"
"It's only when a mosquito lands on your testicles that you realize there is always a way to solve problems without using violence!"

"Well to be perfectly honest, in my humble opinion, of course without offending anyone who thinks differently from my point of view, but also by looking into this matter in a different perspective and without being condemning of one's view's and by trying to make it objectified, and by considering each and every one's valid opinion, I honestly believe that I completely forgot what I was going to say."

#3 User is offline   rduran1216 

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Full Members

Posted 2011-June-17, 21:39

I've begun leading the J from this holding and think its 100% correct.
Aaron Jones Unit 557

www.longbeachbridge.com

#4 User is offline   Cyberyeti 

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 2011-June-18, 03:15

View Postrduran1216, on 2011-June-17, 21:39, said:

I've begun leading the J from this holding and think its 100% correct.

J only goes badly wrong vs Q/1098x in the 2 hands when compared to K, possible but not likely. It's not good in the x/Q109x scenario, but K may not be much better.

But does it ever gain where dummy is known to be short ? Only if declarer has Qxx and partner A109... (or A98xxx with stiff 10 on deck) and not sure I'd be bidding 3N with hearts bid and raised with that.

J is clear if the long hearts are known to be on your left or unknown, but with them on your right, I'm not so sure.

#5 User is offline   MrAce 

• VIP Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 2011-June-18, 05:12

View PostCyberyeti, on 2011-June-18, 03:15, said:

But does it ever gain where dummy is known to be short ? Only if declarer has Qxx and partner A109... (or A98xxx with stiff 10 on deck) and not sure I'd be bidding 3N with hearts bid and raised with that.

Even with those J doesn't work better than small lead.

But i am not even sure if we shd lead a now. The more i think the more options are available. Kof works mainly when declarer has Qxxx and cant cash 9 tricks without knocking down pd's honor or something. On the other hand leading a may give him the 9th trick while a passive lead would hold him to 8 tricks. (suppose pd has A instead of stopper and declarer scored 6+2+1 with QTx )
"Genius has its own limitations, however stupidity has no such boundaries!"
"It's only when a mosquito lands on your testicles that you realize there is always a way to solve problems without using violence!"

"Well to be perfectly honest, in my humble opinion, of course without offending anyone who thinks differently from my point of view, but also by looking into this matter in a different perspective and without being condemning of one's view's and by trying to make it objectified, and by considering each and every one's valid opinion, I honestly believe that I completely forgot what I was going to say."

#6 User is offline   bluecalm 

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 2011-June-18, 07:31

Too difficult for simulation because it's not clear how to define opponents hands.
I would lead Q

#7 User is offline   Cyberyeti 

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 2011-June-19, 06:33

View PostMrAce, on 2011-June-18, 05:12, said:

Even with those J doesn't work better than small lead.

Actually it does in a strange way, if you lead a small one, you will win the second and third rounds. If you lead the J, declarer has the losing option of playing you for J10x when partner wins the A and returns the 9 in the x/Qxx scenario.

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users