Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

chat trouble

#1 User is offline   kmbirds 

• Pip
  • Group: Members

Posted 2011-May-10, 16:36

the last couple of times I've played at bridgebase I've been unable to chat. Any suggestions?
Thanks!

#2 User is offline   inquiry 

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Admin
  • Interests:Bridge, what else?

Posted 2011-May-10, 18:43

Hi Kris.

You use the flash version to access Bridge base online (by going to www.bridgebase.com and clicking play bridge now).

I am unaware of any reason why chat will not work in Flash. Next time you are online try clicking on any yellows name and typing "can you see chat from me". Has anyone else seen flash not send chat?

It is possible you went to table where chat was blocked. I guess that could account for your problem. Time will tell.
--Ben--

#3 User is offline   diana_eva 

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 2011-May-10, 23:01

Explain please what went wrong.

There are two types of chat messages you can send on BBO: private chat and public chat. If you were trying to send private chat to someone playing in a tourney, or to your own partner at a table - that wont work. To chat while playing, click the -> Table arrow at the left of the chat area, then type in the chat line at the bottom of the screen and click Chat (or hit Enter)

Was there any error message when you tried to chat?

#4 User is offline   kmbirds 

• Pip

Posted 2011-May-11, 08:55

View Postdiana_eva, on 2011-May-10, 23:01, said:

Explain please what went wrong.

There are two types of chat messages you can send on BBO: private chat and public chat. If you were trying to send private chat to someone playing in a tourney, or to your own partner at a table - that wont work. To chat while playing, click the -> Table arrow at the left of the chat area, then type in the chat line at the bottom of the screen and click Chat (or hit Enter)

Was there any error message when you tried to chat?

#5 User is offline   kmbirds 

• Pip

Posted 2011-May-11, 08:56

There was no error message, but when I tried to click "table", nothing happened, there was no line for me to type in a message. I was just trying to say hello to the opp, but couldn't type anything. Maybe it's a problem with my computer.(?) I have updated flash and use safari as the browser.

#6 User is offline   diana_eva 

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 2011-May-11, 13:13

View Postkmbirds, on 2011-May-11, 08:56, said:

There was no error message, but when I tried to click "table", nothing happened, there was no line for me to type in a message. I was just trying to say hello to the opp, but couldn't type anything. Maybe it's a problem with my computer.(?) I have updated flash and use safari as the browser.

Sounds like you cannot see the whole screen. There should be a chat line where you can type, at the bottom of the screen.

- Check the browser's zoom level, and try to zoom in to make the whole screen visible.
- If that does not work, clear browser's cache memory, restart browser and try to log in again.
- If that doesn't work either, try another browser.

Or, even simpler, take a screenshot and email it to support@bridgebase.com. They will probably spot the problem and tell you how to fix it directly.

#7 User is offline   kmbirds 

• Pip

Posted 2011-May-11, 15:02

View Postdiana_eva, on 2011-May-11, 13:13, said:

Sounds like you cannot see the whole screen. There should be a chat line where you can type, at the bottom of the screen.

- Check the browser's zoom level, and try to zoom in to make the whole screen visible.
- If that does not work, clear browser's cache memory, restart browser and try to log in again.
- If that doesn't work either, try another browser.

Or, even simpler, take a screenshot and email it to support@bridgebase.com. They will probably spot the problem and tell you how to fix it directly.

Thanks! I'll try that.

#8 User is offline   kmbirds 

• Pip

Posted 2011-May-12, 07:52

View Postkmbirds, on 2011-May-11, 15:02, said:

Thanks! I'll try that.

You were correct, I couldn't see all of the screen. I moved the chat screen to the side instead of having it at the bottom and I can see enough of the typing area to send a message. Thanks for the help.

#9 User is offline   cfonsma 

• Pip

Posted 2011-June-23, 15:39

how can I find a tutorial which i have been told is really good? It is about subasta

#10 User is offline   Rain 

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Advanced Members

Posted 2011-June-23, 19:29

Hi Cfonsma,

Welcome to forums :)

What's subasta? Can you describe?

You can get 2 very good bridge software free here.
https://web.acbl.org...rnToPlayBridge/

Take care
"More and more these days I find myself pondering how to reconcile my net income with my gross habits."

John Nelson.

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users