Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

non-jump 2NT rebid

#1 User is offline   justin c 

• Pip
  • Group: Members

Posted 2011-February-22, 10:17

Does anybody have a good set of continuations after the likes of 1M-2m-2NT in an SAYC based system? Do tell.

#2 User is offline   the_dude 

• PipPipPipPip
  • Group: Full Members

Posted 2011-February-22, 10:27

I'm pretty unimaginative. 3 level bids are natural and forcing. 4 level bids are splinters for our major. I'm curious to hear some more exotic stuff.
If no one comes from the future to stop you from doing it then how bad a decision could it really be?

#3 User is offline   awm 

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Advanced Members

Posted 2011-February-22, 12:15

This perhaps does not answer the question, but I think it depends a lot on whether 2NT is forcing in the auction given.

In SAYC (and as Elianna and I play), the 2m bid promises a rebid. Thus opener's 2NT is forcing and shows extras. Since we are now forced to game, it seems fairly simple for responder to describe shape by making another natural bid.

If you play that the 2NT bid is non-forcing and could be any minimum, then you may want some artificial method here. If you play 3m as non-forcing, for example, you would probably want a way for responder to show a game-forcing one-suited hand. If you play 3M as non-forcing, you might want a way to show a GF raise of opener's major. Perhaps one approach would be: with a game-forcing raise of opener's major, bid 4M (minimum) or a four-level new suit below 4M (splinter) or 4m (slam try in opener's major); 3OM is artificial and shows a game-forcing one suiter (you won't usually have a fit there since opener bypassed the suit); 3om is natural (especially bidding 2...3 should be natural with a 5-5 hand).
Adam W. Meyerson
a.k.a. Appeal Without Merit

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users