Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

descriptions not helpful

#1 User is offline   Bbradley62 

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Advanced Members

Posted 2011-January-18, 23:26

The description provided for the 3 bid is "5+D; 17- HCP; 19 total points". Exactly 19? Seems silly. Does this bid not say anything about hearts?

The description of the 4 bid is "4+S; 6+ total points". This is the same description given for the 1 bid. Does the 4 bid really not show anything more than the 1 bid showed?

#2 User is offline   Bbradley62 

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Advanced Members

Posted 2011-January-19, 13:22

Bbradley62, on 2011-January-18, 23:26, said:

The description of the 4 bid is "4+S; 6+ total points". This is the same description given for the 1 bid. Does the 4 bid really not show anything more than the 1 bid showed?

I guess this is more about the format for providing info than about the specifics of this bid. West would probably bid 4 with both (4S and 13 total points) and (6S and 6 total points), so "4+S; 6+ total points" is a not-particularly-useful way of showing the minimum requirements of both S and points. I don't think I have a helpful suggestion for improving this. Does anyone else?

#3 User is offline   barmar 

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Admin

Posted 2011-January-20, 14:45

I think you've hit the nail on the head. If your f2f partner made that bid, and the opponents asked you to describe it, what would you say? Probably something even more vague like "he thinks we can make 4 or it's an advance sacrifice."

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users