• You cannot start a new topic
  • This topic is locked

Why do this?

#1 User is offline   the hog 

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Advanced Members
  • Interests:Wagner and Bridge

Posted 2004-August-30, 01:07

I thought long and hard before posting this, but I believe it needs to be said. I logged on to rgb, (rec.games.bridge), today and read a very nasty little post.

I will admit there are often things that happen in bbo, such as rules on psyches, kibbers etc, that I don't like. However I don't think that posting a viscious little post outside of this group is the right way of responding.

I don't know who the poster was and I am not interested in knowing. A number of intimations were made about BBO management as well which I found offensive. I think Uday overdoes the censorship thing, but I email and tell him so; I don't think a grubby little post on rgb, directed at most people who have no idea what is being discussed anyway is the way to go.

I also want to point out that there are 2 sides to every story, and maybe, just maybe one should try to acquaint oneself with all the facts before jumping in boots and all. (Easy for me to say, as being a hothead I have often been guilty of the same thing).

I hope this post does not start the whole thing flaring up again, and maybe Uday or Ben should lock it before it does, but I do think it needed to be said.

Ron
"The King of Hearts a broadsword bears, the Queen of Hearts a rose." W. H. Auden.

#2 User is offline   luke warm 

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Advanced Members
  • Interests:Bridge, poker, politics

Posted 2004-August-30, 04:06

i agree with ron (tho i haven't seen the post he refers to)... that smacks of lobbying to me... if your complaint here, whatever it is, isn't well received, trying to justify it by bad mouthing someone elsewhere sure seems wrong
"Paul Krugman is a stupid person's idea of what a smart person sounds like." Newt Gingrich (paraphrased)

#3 User is offline   spwdo 

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Full Members

Posted 2004-August-30, 04:20

I feel sorry for the person that wrote that, must be extremely hard living a life of negative emotions and needing forums/bridge sites to gather support for a personal war.
"if you fail at your first attempt , maybe skydiving is not for you".

#4 User is offline   bearmum 

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Full Members

Posted 2004-August-30, 05:46

The_Hog, on Aug 30 2004, 08:07 PM, said:

I thought long and hard before posting this, but I believe it needs to be said. I logged on to rgb, (rec.games.bridge), today and read a very nasty little post.

I just want to know WHY it's important to post HERE about something posted elsewhere ??

I guess I might have reported the site to Fred or Uday --- rather than post a comment made on what U regard as a HORRIBLE site here on BBO --- which by the way I couldn't find to check it out :) \

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • This topic is locked

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users