BBO Discussion Forums: preset hands in Tornament - BBO Discussion Forums

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

preset hands in Tornament How to arrange BBO to deal the preset hands in tournament

#1 User is offline   00_bjorn 

• Pip
  • Group: Members

Posted 2011-March-22, 13:38

Hi

I am working as a TD on sundays normally using Telia as username. We arrange different type of tournament
in a very friendly but private way. There are now 285 "members" in the "club".
Name of the Tournament is SVENSKA VIKINGAR and the tournament take place
Sundays at 11:00 CET.

My qustion now is:
I want to arrange for a tournament with preset hands. The hands I want to use are hands played and saved
in my directory telia. Can Anyone please be so kind and specifify the steps I have to take to manage that
please?

Regards
Björn

#2 User is offline   inquiry 

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Admin
  • Interests:Bridge, what else?

Posted 2011-March-22, 14:25

You will need the windows client to do this (the program named "netbridgevu"). If you do not have this program, go to www.bridgebase.com and download it (here is a driect link to the page with the program Netbridgevu download page). Create your tourament as normal (or you can have previoiusly created it, but it is not running yet). From NetbridgeVu, go to your tournamewnt lobby (where you would register to play). If you are a director, there will be a green "table" button on the bottom of the window. clcik on that. In the middle of the popup menu is a scrollable list of options, including things like remove off line registered players, etc. One option is "upload preset hands for toiurnament". click that. Find the file with the hands you want to include, click on in and say save.

That will do it. I think it is best if hands are in lin file format. If you have them in PBN, just open the file with netbridgevu. it will save a copy of the file with the same file name, but with a lin extension (an din the lin file format). That should do it for you.

Hint. Be sure you ahve enough hands in the file you load (else randoms will be used after the ones you load are used up.

--Ben--

#3 User is offline   shintaro 

• PipPipPipPip
  • Group: Full Members

Posted 2011-March-22, 14:49

Hi

To upload pre-set hands you need to have the hands saved as a LIN file on your computer

Then you set up a tourney telling how many boards when set up then go back into the tourney and on the EDIT Tourney page (from clicking on Table on bottom row in Green) In the White box you should find UPLOAD HANDS click on this then find your file you created and click on it Will now tell you hands have been uploaded

I use VERSION 5.2.6 running under Windows 97

And it works

Suggest you try by setting up a TEST tourney

Hope this helps :rolleyes:

#4 User is offline   00_bjorn 

• Pip
  • Group: Members

Posted 2011-March-27, 09:17

Thank You very much for the replies. Still I dont master to arrange the file setup.
I have saved a lot of LIN-files in my directory. I cant amalgamate them to be
ONE file with the preset hands that i have chosen from the ones saved in my directory.
Files save from a tourney can be used but that is not the prime target.
Björn

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users