BBO Discussion Forums: Something similar to tangerine - BBO Discussion Forums

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

Something similar to tangerine

#1 User is offline   phoenix214 

• PipPipPipPip
  • Group: Full Members
  • Interests:Bridge; Chess; Boardgames; Physics; Math; Problem solving; and anything that makes my brain thinking.

Posted 2013-April-04, 14:01

I had an idea to make a system that is based on aggression mostly, it tries to open on lots of hands.
There was a few ideas before hand, what the system should contain
1) Kamikaze NT, with the idea to take 1NT as soon as possible
2) Assumed fit preempts because 4432 is the most common hand shape so that means frequent 2bids as well.
3) Weak/Strong club, so the major openings can be quite limited as well, and at the same time to have more hands opened
So the openings
1C 15+unbal/16+bal or 8-9 bal(like Tangerine)
1D 13-15 balanced or 8-14 One minor or both minors(I think this shouldn't be a HUM opening, somebody correct me if I'm wrong)
1M 8-14 4+M(4 if unbalanced)
1NT 10-12 (Kamikaze)
2m - 4+m, 4M (Rough two's)
2H - 4+H, 4S (Ekren Type)
2S - 5S, 4+other (Muidbergish)
2NT(I was thinking both minors, although i haven't figured the strength out, technically it can be 8-14 with at least 5-4 minors)
Higher - preempts
Any thoughts on this/ can this work, and is this playable?

#2 User is offline   awm 

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Advanced Members

Posted 2013-April-04, 14:53

One quick observation is that a lot of the hands that qualify for assumed fit preempts also qualify for one of your other openings (like 8-9 balanced). If you restrict your assumed fit preempts to less than 8 hcp, the frequency is actually not so great (because it is generally better to play a point range closer to average for maximum frequency). In fact there is quite a bit of overlap between your opening bids that you might want to clear up (for example can 1 have a four-card major ever).
Adam W. Meyerson
a.k.a. Appeal Without Merit

#3 User is offline   phoenix214 

• PipPipPipPip
  • Group: Full Members
  • Interests:Bridge; Chess; Boardgames; Physics; Math; Problem solving; and anything that makes my brain thinking.

Posted 2013-April-04, 16:17

Well this isn't designed too good because i had an idea for these somewhat over a weak ago. Well 1C as the 8-9 balanced needs tweaks anyway, and should it be used or not is a question anyway. 1D denies 4card major if unbalanced. Like 1M is canapeish with 4-5 or 4-6 to open 1M, only with 4432; 4333;5322 you should open 1D. Those were at least the basic ideas.

#4 User is offline   Free 

• mmm Duvel
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Interests:Duvel, Whisky

Posted 2013-April-05, 11:13

If you want even more aggression, play Lorenzo two's: 2X = 0-7HCP (but not a good 6/7 ofcourse) with 4+X, Majors first style. This would mean you can open any hand, so pass no longer has a meaning (except perhaps good 6-7HCP but not good enough to open "constructively").

Advised only when NV B-)
"It may be rude to leave to go to the bathroom, but it's downright stupid to sit there and piss yourself" - blackshoe

#5 User is offline   Cthulhu D 

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Interests:Overbidding

Posted 2013-April-09, 17:57

View PostFree, on 2013-April-05, 11:13, said:

If you want even more aggression, play Lorenzo two's: 2X = 0-7HCP (but not a good 6/7 ofcourse) with 4+X, Majors first style. This would mean you can open any hand, so pass no longer has a meaning (except perhaps good 6-7HCP but not good enough to open "constructively").

Advised only when NV B-)

Is there a good write up or Lorenzo twos in the context of a 'standard' system somewhere? Pass = 8-11 HCP balanced and 1 level openings being forcing and unlimited has to have secondary impacts on your system, and I'd be fascinated to see it.

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users