• 2 Pages +
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

Rosenblum scores?

#21 User is offline   Tomi2 

• PipPipPipPip
  • Group: Full Members

Posted 2010-October-08, 06:12

Cayne and Lavazza, who failed to win their groups, where they had "waek" opps because of theirs high seeding remain seeded 3 and 4
isnt that unfair to those teams who won their gropus unexpectedly and those who were seeded 5th and 6th and won their groups?

think they must adjust the pre-tourney seeding somehow, and at least they should have published HOW they will fill the brackets. Now they made something in the middle of the night, nobody knows what...

#22 User is offline   Aberlour10 

• Vugrapholic
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Advanced Members

Posted 2010-October-08, 06:51

Considering how extraordinary strong this 64er field really is, I think the "mysterious" seedings have not a lot of influence... there are now all top world class players in, many de facto national teams "hidden" behind unknown names,
and they will play against each other already in R64 or R32.
Spingold and Vanderbilt are very tough KO tournaments, but this field beats them by far. After all, this is World Championship, nobody should expect a "bit of luck" in his bracket.

Robert
Preempts are Aberlour's best bridge friends

#23 User is offline   nige1 

• 5-level belongs to me
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Interests:Poems Computers

Posted 2010-October-08, 07:10

Tomi2, on Oct 8 2010, 07:12 AM, said:

Cayne and Lavazza, who failed to win their groups, where they had "waek" opps because of theirs high seeding remain seeded 3 and 4. Isnt that unfair to those teams who won their gropus unexpectedly and those who were seeded 5th and 6th and won their groups? think they must adjust the pre-tourney seeding somehow, and at least they should have published HOW they will fill the brackets. Now they made something in the middle of the night, nobody knows what...
Agree the paring method should be published, in advance. I would expected more America v America pairings. The American teams are spread fairly uniformly over the brackets, reducing the chance of them eliminating each other early. .

#24 User is offline   PeterGill 

• PipPipPipPip

Posted 2010-October-08, 07:45

I'm astonished that so many intelligent people on BBO don't know that to find the
R64 draw, you simply go to the Supplemental Conditions of Contest, freely available under the heading Information on the WBF website for the event, as has been the case for WBF events for at least one decade, to see the whole 64 team draw, published in advance several months ago.

Regarding all the other complaints about WBF results, websites and anything else,
I can find nothing to say in defense of the WBF except that the WBF is about to have
a new President who hopefully might try to head such things in the right direction.

Peter Gill

#25 User is offline   PeterGill 

• PipPipPipPip

Posted 2010-October-08, 07:52

Oops - when I posted, I had looked at only pages 21 and 23 of those regs.

Now that I have seen page 22 more closely, about re-seeding being posted on-site,
I understand your complaints. Sorry about my error.

#26 User is offline   jeremy69 

• PipPipPipPip

Posted 2010-October-08, 08:05

You did well to see the conditions of contest. Every other attempt at the site gets "Service Unavailable" I guess the hamster has fallen off the treadmill so their server is not working properly.

Probably WBF totally rely on the services provided by Swan Games resultwise

If they did this then on the rare occasions when you could a. view it and b. it was up to date it would be a great deal better.

#27 User is offline   nige1 

• 5-level belongs to me
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Interests:Poems Computers

Posted 2010-October-08, 08:25

jeremy69, on Oct 8 2010, 09:05 AM, said:

You did well to see the conditions of contest. Every other attempt at the site gets "Service Unavailable" I guess the hamster has fallen off the treadmill so their server is not working properly.

twcho, on Oct 8 2010, 06:18 AM, said:

Probably WBF totally rely on the services provided by Swan Games resultwise.

jeremy69, on Oct 8 2010, 09:05 AM, said:

If they did this then on the rare occasions when you could a. view it and b. it was up to date it would be a great deal better.
The WBF-site is rarely accessible, hardly ever up-to-date, and difficult to navigate. The Swan-site regularly collapses from traffic-overload. But when either work at all, they are amazing and wonderful :( BBO is reliable and fantastic :)

#28 User is offline   PeterGill 

• PipPipPipPip

Posted 2010-October-08, 18:58

The main page of the new bridgewinners.com site now has an explanation of how the R64 seedings were done, basically that 1-16 retained their original seeding then it was done by group position I think.

#29 User is offline   NickRW 

• PipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 2010-October-08, 19:04

nige1, on Oct 8 2010, 02:25 PM, said:

The WBF-site is rarely accessible, hardly ever up-to-date, and difficult to navigate. The Swan-site regularly collapses from traffic-overload. But when either work at all, they are amazing and wonderful :) BBO is reliable and fantastic :)

Yeah - get Fred, Uday and Co to do it. Ahem - for a suitable fee, of course.
"Pass is your friend" - my brother in law - who likes to bid a lot.

#30 User is offline   hanp 

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 2010-October-09, 07:51

Rayner in the round of 32, go Mikeh!
and the result can be plotted on a graph.

#31 User is offline   Roupoil 

• PipPipPip
  • Interests:Mathematics, classical music.

Posted 2010-October-10, 00:54

It really looks like the WBF site tries all the possibilities to give wrong scores. They forgot one segment yesterday, and today they put cumulative scores instead of segment scores... That's just ludicrous.

#32 User is offline   655321 

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 2010-October-10, 17:45

The Juniors results show a USA 1 team at the top of the leaderboard, and a USA 2 team at the bottom. The participants page only has a USA Red and a USA Blue.

I had to go to the USBF pages to discover that USA I is indeed the team with our own rogerclee, jjbrr and kfay!
That's impossible. No one can give more than one hundred percent. By definition that is the most anyone can give.

• 2 Pages +
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users