• You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

8!

#21 User is offline   JoAnneM 

• LOR
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Full Members

Posted 2010-August-02, 19:19

Things happen. Maybe she pulled the pass card instead of the 2D card and doesn't know she can change it. It happened to me today - I opened 2NT, partner bid 3C and I bid 3D, only when I looked down at the table there was a pass card, and LHO had passed. I was distracted because I was directing, it was the last round, last hand, etc. Anyway partner played 3C and it turned out okay, we can't make 3nt.

That's why I had sympathy, not for "them", but for opener.
Regards, Jo Anne
Practice Goodwill and Active Ethics
Director "Please"!

#22 User is offline   mrdct 

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Advanced Members

Posted 2010-August-04, 21:36

It's your lead partner.
Disclaimer: The above post may be a half-baked sarcastic rant intended to stimulate discussion and it does not necessarily coincide with my own views on this topic.
I bidding the suit below the suit I'm actually showing not to be described as a "transfer" for the benefit of people unfamiliar with the concept of a transfer

#23 User is offline   peachy 

• PipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 2010-August-04, 22:35

kfay, on Aug 2 2010, 09:23 AM, said:

Ask for an explanation of what 2 is, obv.

I don't agree with this advice. If you ask, you either force her to give a misexplanation or force her to notice she didn't pay attention and passed a forcing bid. Given the facts as posted, I am 100% sure they don't play Precision. Whatever happens, Pass and take your lumps if there are even any coming. It is only one round and then you go back to normal bridge.

#24 User is offline   jkdood 

• PipPipPipPip

Posted 2010-August-04, 22:42

Why not say "excuse me" then go tell the TD what happened and what your concerns are AND that there are no CCards there. He might make things work out so none of the stuff you are concerned about will occur, or be used.

#25 User is offline   Lobowolf 

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Interests:Attorney, writer, entertainer.<br><br>Great close-up magicians we have known: Shoot Ogawa, Whit Haydn, Bill Malone, David Williamson, Dai Vernon, Michael Skinner, Jay Sankey, Brian Gillis, Eddie Fechter, Simon Lovell, Carl Andrews.

Posted 2010-August-04, 22:46

peachy, on Aug 4 2010, 11:35 PM, said:

kfay, on Aug 2 2010, 09:23 AM, said:

Ask for an explanation of what 2 is, obv.

I don't agree with this advice. If you ask, you either force her to give a misexplanation or force her to notice she didn't pay attention and passed a forcing bid. Given the facts as posted, I am 100% sure they don't play Precision. Whatever happens, Pass and take your lumps if there are even any coming. It is only one round and then you go back to normal bridge.

What's the harm if you force her to notice that she passed a forcing bid?
1. LSAT tutor for rent.

Call me Desdinova...Eternal Light

C. It's the nexus of the crisis and the origin of storms.

IV: ace 333: pot should be game, idk

e: "Maybe God remembered how cute you were as a carrot."

#26 User is offline   gwnn 

• Csaba the Hutt
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Interests:bye

Posted 2010-August-05, 03:28

I didnt ask and just passed, then LHO said, with an almost natural smile on his face that 2C was not natural and it can't be passed, they had 6C and 6S to play, we got a top which was curious because usually you get at least 20% (often almost 50%) if you play a slam in partscore because of the people who bid grand.
... and I can prove it with my usual, flawless logic.
      George Carlin

#27 User is offline   jkdood 

• PipPipPipPip

Posted 2010-August-05, 10:43

gwnn, on Aug 5 2010, 04:28 AM, said:

I didnt ask and just passed, then LHO said, with an almost natural smile on his face that 2C was not natural and it can't be passed, they had 6C and 6S to play, we got a top which was curious because usually you get at least 20% (often almost 50%) if you play a slam in partscore because of the people who bid grand.

Yeah, figures.
Makes me oh for 2.
Last time I was given a similar bidding problem, I didn't pass, and was wrong then too :)

Try me again in a year, if I do not pass again (3 strikes u out) please ban me B)

• 2 Pages +
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users