• You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

juniorclub play with/vs stars

#1 User is offline   spwdo 

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Full Members

Posted 2004-July-28, 18:07

Hi all,

we had second run tonight in juniorclub of "play with the stars", thanks to ritong, rado and lragerich and inquiry for making it possible we were able to play close to 2 hours with and against a star on each table.

We bottom in list of private clubs but as they say "last but not least" that doesnt matter juniors from finding the room aldougb we just started it.

Anyways i woud call upon the stars willing to donate some time to improve and help these younsters.

Might be needed to take a a high blood pressure pil since some junors seem/sound already to know it all but that goes with the age ;)

without kidding think juniors and stars enjoyed themselves tonight so anyone wanting to help out and do the same let me know, this slowly will turn into a regular thing on wednesdays.

I Personally i think for juniors this is a grand opportunity to play with the best, and make mistakes without 3512 kibitzers making u nervous. No apoligies needed when u do /no competitieve playing wich in some cases brings out the wurst in ppl.

Good atmosphere, great players helping, good ethics and a darn good way to laern a thing or 2, so stars all over let me know when u are avaible and juniors dont let them stars wait:)

Thx

Juniorclub
"if you fail at your first attempt , maybe skydiving is not for you".

#2 User is offline   Rado 

• PipPipPipPip
  • Group: Full Members

Posted 2004-July-28, 18:36

Further to Marc's nice words I want just to add that most of us (who love bridge) were juniors at some time :-)))))))))))))
Rado

#3 User is offline   Fluffy 

• World International Master without a clue
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Advanced Members

Posted 2004-July-29, 11:26

Hey spwdo, I would be so pleased to help, but how would you manage me?, I am both junior&star :)

#4 User is offline   luis 

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Advanced Members

Posted 2004-July-29, 11:42

I will be there regularly, I strongly believe that one of the best ways to improve bridge is tom ake it more appealing and more interesting for young people.

As long as juniors don't get tired of me I will be very happy to help.

Luis
The legend of the black octogon.

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users