• You cannot reply to this topic

Sukoneck-Ekeblad Club??

#1 User is offline   gwnn 

• Csaba the Hutt
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Advanced Members
  • Interests:bye

Posted 2010-April-15, 02:52

Does anyone know where the notes for this system are? I could only find their CC. Their opening structure looks *much* more intelligent than any other canape system I found*! I heard somewhere that it's readily available somewhere but apparently not to me. I would prefer if there were no Santa Claus references on the website.

*vs Caroline Club they retain one weak two and don't open 1 on balanced hands anymore. Also forcing NT and 2/1 GF sounds better than the relatively contrived 2/1 structure in Caroline.
... and I can prove it with my usual, flawless logic.
      George Carlin

#2 User is offline   JanM 

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Full Members

Posted 2010-April-15, 10:19

As far as I know, there is nothing published on this system. You can find a more current convention card by looking at Ekeblad-Rubin in the Senior Bowl in Brazil (unfortunately, when I went to the ECATS site to get the URL for this, there was an error), but here's the Ekeblad-Granovetter card from Beijing, which is also more recent than Sukoneck-Ekeblad. For the USBF System Summary Form, see Ekeblad-Weichsel from last year's USBC.
Jan Martel, who should probably state that she is not speaking on behalf of the USBF, the ACBL, the WBF Systems Committee, or any member of any Systems Committee or Laws Commission.

#3 User is offline   PrecisionL 

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Full Members
  • Interests:Diamond LM (6700+ MP)
    God
    Family
    Counseling
    Bridge

Posted 2010-April-22, 09:38

I have been following Ekeblad - Sukoneck for some time now as their system evolves. They were in BW Challenge the Champs in Jan 91 and Feb - Mar 93 playing Neapolitan type responses to Strong Club and canape and various 2 openings to cover gaps in the system. A more recent BW appearance may have happened, I am behind in my indexing CTC.

I have all their convention cards and notes, but nothing else has appeared on the web as far as I know.

We (KeyLime and I) use Sabine Aukens' approach to a Strong Club (I Love This Game).

We gave up control responses years ago and recently (2 years) we even gave up Beta asks to transfer positives.

http://www.bridgeguys.com/pdf/CarolineClub...eckEkelblad.pdf

Ekeblad - Rubin in CTC: July - Aug 2007:

Big Club with transfer & other artificial responses, weak NT, natural suit openings from 1 to 2  with a canape tendency, and specialized responding techniques after each. Some 2-bids help to cover weak spots in the one-bid structure (analogously to Flannery): 2 shows a minimum-range opening bid with 5+ and 4+, 2 a similar hand with 5+ and 4+. Constructive bidding often uses relays: cheap, non-descriptive bids that ask partner to continue telling about his hand.
Ultra Relay: see Daniel's web page: https://bridgewithda...19/07/Ultra.pdf
C3: Copious Canape Club is still my favorite system. (Ultra upgraded, PM for notes)

Santa Fe Precision published 8/19. TOP3 published 11/20. Magic experiment (Science Modernized) with Lenzo. 2020: Jan Eric Larsson's Cottontail . 2020. BFUN (Bridge For the UNbalanced) 2021: Weiss Simplified (Canape & Relay). 2022: Canary Modernized, 2023-4: KOK Canape.

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users