• You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

Circled Numbers

#1 User is offline   lilimalen 

• Pip
  • Group: Members

Posted 2010-April-13, 10:54

hallo,
could someone please tell me what those circled numbers stand for that show up behind a players name and what must one do to get those numbers?
lili

#2 User is offline   kfay 

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Advanced Members
  • Interests:Science, Sports

Posted 2010-April-13, 11:00

Step 1) Enter Tournament
Step 2) Win
Kevin Fay

#3 User is offline   G_R__E_G 

• PipPipPipPip
  • Group: Full Members

Posted 2010-April-13, 11:07

If you click on "Masterpoints" under the "My BBO" section on the web client it will show you an explanation of what they mean. Basically it shows a range of how many BBO Masterpoints the player has won.
Visit my club website www.midlanddbc.com

#4 User is offline   pooltuna 

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 2010-April-13, 12:13

kfay, on Apr 13 2010, 12:00 PM, said:

Step 1) Enter Tournament
Step 2) Win

Entering specifically an ACBL tournament I believe which is not free unless you volunteer to be a sub and get selected and place well enough to earn "Masterpoints" . Having no BBO Bux I assume that is how I got mine :unsure:
"Tell me of your home world, Usul"
the Freman, Chani from the move "Dune"

"I learned long ago, never to wrestle with a pig. You get dirty, and besides, the pig likes it."

George Bernard Shaw

#5 User is offline   Little Kid 

• PipPipPipPip
  • Interests:Genetic Engineering, Squash, Languages, Travelling, Table Tennis, Movies, Judo, Swimming, Scuba Diving, Climbing...

Posted 2010-April-13, 12:16

Here is a link to an explanation
Veni, vidi, proficisci

#6 User is offline   G_R__E_G 

• PipPipPipPip

Posted 2010-April-13, 12:50

pooltuna, on Apr 13 2010, 01:13 PM, said:

kfay, on Apr 13 2010, 12:00 PM, said:

Step 1) Enter Tournament
Step 2) Win

Entering specifically an ACBL tournament I believe which is not free unless you volunteer to be a sub and get selected and place well enough to earn "Masterpoints" . Having no BBO Bux I assume that is how I got mine B)

This is incorrect. The symbols are based on BBO masterpoints - not ACBL masterpoints. BBO masterpoints are awarded for Robot Races, Robot Rewards and possibly a few other things.
Visit my club website www.midlanddbc.com

#7 User is offline   Little Kid 

• PipPipPipPip
  • Interests:Genetic Engineering, Squash, Languages, Travelling, Table Tennis, Movies, Judo, Swimming, Scuba Diving, Climbing...

Posted 2010-April-13, 13:00

Online ACBL Masterpoints also give you BBO masterpoints.
Veni, vidi, proficisci

#8 User is offline   lilimalen 

• Pip
  • Group: Members

Posted 2010-April-13, 15:55

thank you all for the wonderful info. so far i have only played in free tournaments and won. i do not quite understand the paying method of the BBO$. does one play for real money and if so, is it american dollar? does one need to open up an account with BBO? i do not mean to sound dumm, but this is all fairly new to me.
lilimalen

#9 User is offline   Stephen Tu 

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 2010-April-13, 16:07

You buy $BBO with real money. It is a major part of how the site is supported. But you can't win real money as you cannot withdraw it, and it may not be possible to really win given prize structures. Like most bridge you are playing for worthless masterpoints/bragging rights/enjoyment +learning of the game, just unlike most live bridge you can win some of your entry fees back in some of the tourneys, to enter more tourneys.

BBO does offer "$MB", real money bridge, under "list all tables/play bridge for money".

But if you are after winning money take up poker IMO.

#10 User is offline   gwnn 

• Csaba the Hutt
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Interests:bye

Posted 2010-April-13, 16:15

You can buy stuff from BBO for the money you win, like books etc.
... and I can prove it with my usual, flawless logic.
      George Carlin

#11 User is offline   fred 

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 2010-April-13, 16:40

lilimalen, on Apr 13 2010, 09:55 PM, said:

thank you all for the wonderful info. so far i have only played in free tournaments and won. i do not quite understand the paying method of the BBO$. does one play for real money and if so, is it american dollar? does one need to open up an account with BBO? i do not mean to sound dumm, but this is all fairly new to me.
lilimalen

If you try to do anything on our site that costs money (signing up for a pay tournament for example), the software will walk you through the process of purchasing Bridge Base Dollars (BB$).

You do this using your credit card. 1 BB$ costs $1 US. Your credit card company will deal with converting what you spend to your local currency if you do not live in the USA. The minimum number of BB$ you can purchase is 10.

Once you have BB$ in your account, you can spend these on entry fees for various types of pay tournaments. You can also use BB$ to do things like rent robots and purchase access to educational content.

We are very paranoid when it comes to security, but if you are not comfortable with the notion of using your credit card on the Internet, there are other ways that you can purchase BB$.

I suggest you e-mail accounting@bridgebase.com if you want to know more about any of this.

Fred Gitelman
Bridge Base Inc.
www.bridgebase.com

#12 User is offline   xcurt 

• PipPipPipPipPip

Posted 2010-April-13, 16:45

fred, on Apr 13 2010, 05:40 PM, said:

We are very paranoid when it comes to security, but if you are not comfortable with the notion of using your credit card on the Internet, there are other ways that you can purchase BB$.

Alternatively, get a Citibank card and ask them for a single use account number.

Other banks probably offer this feature as well.
"It is not enough to be a good player. You must also play well." -- Tarrasch

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users