BBO Discussion Forums: 2D multi again - BBO Discussion Forums

• 2 Pages +
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

2D multi again must double when they bid your suit ?

#21 User is offline   Free 

• mmm Duvel
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Advanced Members
  • Interests:Duvel, Whisky

Posted 2004-July-24, 13:01

inquiry, on Jul 23 2004, 06:45 PM, said:

Free's answer is totally wacky. You are the hand with the presumed spade suit, so partner will never be leading from JTxxxx, add to that, if they stay in you will be on the lead.

[edit Gerardo] Ofcourse p won't lead FROM JTxxxx, he'll lead TO that suit, since it's clear by the original post what I have and what p doesn't... You'd better learn how to read before calling someone's answers "wacky"! Go ahead, edit my post, I've had a bad day [edit Gerardo] :D
"It may be rude to leave to go to the bathroom, but it's downright stupid to sit there and piss yourself" - blackshoe

#22 User is offline   Fluffy 

• World International Master without a clue
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 2004-July-24, 13:34

Cascade, on Jul 24 2004, 04:22 PM, said:

Fluffy, on Jul 25 2004, 12:59 AM, said:

There is a hidden problem about not knwoing partner´s suit:

If te bidding goes something like
2-X-2-3
p-5-???

now you can have 5 with good chancecs on playing at the 5 level if partner has , but you don´t know.

What is 3?

3 is natural, the multi opener´s pass is either with or .

#23 User is offline   beky 

• PipPipPipPip
  • Group: Full Members

Posted 2004-July-24, 16:40

Hi all. I don't know if I will be able of to explain in my bad English what I think however the opening bid 2, but thats it is a typical opening bid used in Italy and in the time the players they have developed many systems to interfere and to defend.

The first thing to be remembered is that here in Italy the opening 2 are allowed with different types of hands:
weak with major ( or ), strong with long suit minor ( or ), balanced strong or strong three suiter.

After the opening 2 the second player has various interferences:

dbl = interest for the
pass then dbl to the second bid = interest for the
3/ = natural with the /
4 = 5/5 minor normal
4 = 5/5 minor forcing manche

This is the system that I play and how thin to today he is be effective.

Since the opening bid 2 can also hide strong hands with a balanced hand, 11-12 points and no 4 card suit in major it is preferable to pass and to attend the following bid of the opponents, with strong balanced hand too, you can dbl or bid NT in the 2nd bid.

For this reason to the place of West (if i play with my usually partner), knowing that the dbl of my pard cannot have interest for the , I would have bid 3 (sign off) or 2NT (you have put the distributions but not the points). :D

IMHO

Beky

#24 User is offline   inquiry 

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Admin
  • Interests:Bridge, what else?

Posted 2004-July-26, 01:52

Free, on Jul 24 2004, 03:01 PM, said:

inquiry, on Jul 23 2004, 06:45 PM, said:

Free's answer is totally wacky. You are the hand with the presumed spade suit, so partner will never be leading from JTxxxx, add to that, if they stay in you will be on the lead.

[edit Gerardo] Ofcourse p won't lead FROM JTxxxx, he'll lead TO that suit, since it's clear by the original post what I have and what p doesn't... You'd better learn how to read before calling someone's answers "wacky"! Go ahead, edit my post, I've had a bad day [edit Gerardo] :P

Looks like someone beat me to editing your post. :P

I called it wacky, well, because the sentence made no sense. You suggested that a double would get 2D partner to lead from JTxxxx

Do you want partner to lead ♠ with JTxxxx? No, so why does he need to Dbl??

Now, to be honest, I knew what you meant, that YOU were doubling with JTxxxx but I couldn't resist being cute pointing out the "wackyness" of it when Flame paid homage to it rather than to my FAR SUPERIOR (hehehehe) method. I would have never made the comment about most peoples posting, but i knew you would find this funny (see, all my mistakes are not just at the bridge table). So i apologize for yanking your chain.

However, i stand by my treatment as superior, for the reasons i pointed out.

Ben
--Ben--

#25 User is offline   joker_gib 

• PipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 2004-July-26, 03:25

Ben says :

2♦ - X - XX = ♦'s and values.
2♦ - X - 2♥ pass/correct as if no double
2♦ - X - 2♠ pass/correct showing ♥ values as if no double....

Wayne (Cascade) says :

2♦ (X) Pass = diamonds this way we can offer diamonds without having to play redoubled. This is important when I know we are going off but I think diamonds will be less off than the major.

2♦ (X) XX = bid your suit

2♦ (X) 2♥ = I have hearts (and I know you probably have spades but I am not interested)

2♦ (X) 2♠ = I have spades (and I know you probably have hearts but I am not interested)

A lot of people are doubling the multi 2 opening with (12)13-15 bal. For that reason it is preferable not to bid if you have nothing to say because by bidding you give them the possibility to Dbl in the fourth seat showing some values with no bid available. (ex : 2 dbl 2M dbl = values)

So I think that Wayne's treament is better :P

Alain
Alain

#26 User is offline   Gerben47 

• PipPipPipPip
  • Group: Full Members

Posted 2004-July-26, 03:43

The right action from 2 opener is to pass, and then if partner makes a pass or correct double, to pass again. so
2 dbl pass 2
pass pass dbl = pass with bid 3 with .

But after a redouble:
2 dbl rdbl 2
pass = I have the and a dbl from redoubler = penalty.

Gerben
Two wrongs don't make a right, but three lefts do!

• 2 Pages +
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users