BBO Discussion Forums: Where will you be tomorrow midnight? - BBO Discussion Forums

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

Where will you be tomorrow midnight?

#1 User is offline   Gerben42 

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Advanced Members
  • Interests:Astronomy, Mathematics
    Nuclear power

Posted 2009-December-30, 06:00

Where will you be tomorrow midnight? Anyone reading this in Prague, if so I'll be on the Wenceslas Square.
Two wrongs don't make a right, but three lefts do!
My Bridge Systems Page

BC Kultcamp Rieneck

#2 User is offline   hrothgar 

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Interests:Travel
    Cooking
    Brewing
    Hiking

Posted 2009-December-30, 06:18

Spending the morning / afternoon moving.

Hitting the Neptune Oyster House in Boston, then first night in the new digs...
Alderaan delenda est

#3 User is online   kenberg 

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 2009-December-30, 07:17

We have no plans. It's been fairly hectic this holiday season and that hasn't really slowed down. On Friday we visit my older daughter, but Thursday evening we expect to take it easy.

Many, many years back I brought a date to a New Year's Eve party that was hosted by a mathematician, with mostly mathematicians in attendance. In an attempt to bring my date into the conversation I asked one of the older guys "What's your daughter doing these days?" .... "Partial Differential Equations". On the way home my date said that she decided that if anyone asked her what she was doing at the party she would explain that she was a waitress that I had picked up on the way over.
Ken

#4 User is offline   Aberlour10 

• Vugrapholic
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 2009-December-30, 07:27

Duesseldorf, Old Town, also known as the world's longest bar :)
Preempts are Aberlour's best bridge friends

#5 User is offline   kenrexford 

• Brain Farts and Actual Farts Increasing with Age
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Interests:www.limadbc.blogspot.com editor/contributor

Posted 2009-December-30, 07:51

hrothgar, on Dec 30 2009, 07:18 AM, said:

Jealous. I'd love to go there, but a tad of a drive from Ohio. Instead, I think I'll find the hottest chick in town and get her into bed. (That's a married guy's spin on staying home and watching the ball drop.)
"Gibberish in, gibberish out. A trial judge, three sets of lawyers, and now three appellate judges cannot agree on what this law means. And we ask police officers, prosecutors, defense lawyers, and citizens to enforce or abide by it? The legislature continues to write unreadable statutes. Gibberish should not be enforced as law."

-P.J. Painter.

#6 User is offline   hrothgar 

Cooking
    Brewing
    Hiking

Posted 2009-December-30, 08:07

kenrexford, on Dec 30 2009, 04:51 PM, said:

hrothgar, on Dec 30 2009, 07:18 AM, said:

Jealous. I'd love to go there, but a tad of a drive from Ohio. Instead, I think I'll find the hottest chick in town and get her into bed. (That's a married guy's spin on staying home and watching the ball drop.)

Hey...

Ohio isn't that far...
And I need help packing

We are now moving into "emergency" packing mode, in which belongings are being haphazardly packed into boxes with little to no effort at tracking what is going where

whether this tee shirt from 1983 really needs to migrate to the new digs
which tuperware lids go with what

I wish I could say that this was an unexpected development
Alderaan delenda est

#7 User is offline   PassedOut 

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Interests:Music, films, computer programming, politics, bridge

Posted 2009-December-30, 08:30

I'll be home drinking wine by the fireplace, happy to be toasting the new year with my wonderful wife, with my sons and their girl friends, and with my nieces and their boy friends. On January 2nd we'll join the rest of my large extended family for the wedding of one of my younger brothers, who has been a widower for several years and has somehow convinced another very fine and accomplished woman to marry him. I'll be standing by his side at the wedding.

These days are very special for me, and I hope for all of you too.
The growth of wisdom may be gauged exactly by the diminution of ill temper. — Friedrich Nietzsche
The infliction of cruelty with a good conscience is a delight to moralists — that is why they invented hell. — Bertrand Russell

#8 User is offline   hrothgar 

Cooking
    Brewing
    Hiking

Posted 2009-December-30, 08:40

PassedOut, on Dec 30 2009, 05:30 PM, said:

I'll be home drinking wine by the fireplace, happy to be toasting the new year with my wonderful wife, with my sons and their girl friends, and with my nieces and their boy friends. On January 2nd we'll join the rest of my large extended family for the wedding of one of my younger brothers, who has been a widower for several years and has somehow convinced another very fine and accomplished woman to marry him. I'll be standing by his side at the wedding.

Sounds like a blast
Congrats all around
Alderaan delenda est

#9 User is online   kenberg 

Posted 2009-December-30, 10:16

PassedOut, on Dec 30 2009, 09:30 AM, said:

That is just great. I join in offering congratulations. A couple of weeks back a widower friend was asking what I would be doing over the holidays, and when I asked him what he would be doing it was clear that he could hardly wait to tell me that he was traveling with a woman to meet her son in Arizona. Happy Holidays indeed.
Ken

#10 User is offline   PassedOut 

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 2009-December-30, 10:30

hrothgar, on Dec 30 2009, 09:40 AM, said:

Sounds like a blast
Congrats all around

Thanks! I won't be able to help you pack, but I expect you'll have a great time in Boston!
The growth of wisdom may be gauged exactly by the diminution of ill temper. — Friedrich Nietzsche
The infliction of cruelty with a good conscience is a delight to moralists — that is why they invented hell. — Bertrand Russell

#11 User is offline   jdonn 

• - - T98765432 AQT8

Posted 2009-December-30, 10:31

I really don't care about holidays at all, I only enjoy them when family comes to town or I go see them. It's not that I'm a party pooper, quite the opposite I like to have fun and celebrate nothingness on any given night instead of a preprescribed arbitrary night. :) I usually volunteer to work on all of them so other people can have time off, and so I can take time off instead on days when other people don't. Tonight at midnight I expect I'll be sleeping, or perhaps playing on BBO.
Please let me know about any questions or interest or bug reports about GIB.

#12 User is offline   PassedOut 

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 2009-December-30, 10:42

kenberg, on Dec 30 2009, 11:16 AM, said:

That is just great. I join in offering congratulations. A couple of weeks back a widower friend was asking what I would be doing over the holidays, and when I asked him what he would be doing it was clear that he could hardly wait to tell me that he was traveling with a woman to meet her son in Arizona. Happy Holidays indeed.

We are so happy for him. He was just crushed when cancer killed his first wife, leaving him to finish raising a daughter then just a sophomore in high school. It took quite awhile for him even to think about going out with another woman.

I hope your widower friend finds real happiness again too. Life can be tough, but good relationships make it a wonderful adventure. Enjoy your evening in Maryland!

#13 User is offline   Phil 

• Interests:Mountain Biking

Posted 2009-December-30, 10:49

Kimi and I usually do one of the following:

1. Invite some friends over and play (non-bridge) games.

2. Nothing - which means watching the ball drop one or two time zones to the east of us.

This year we are actually going out to a club. Which means that at about 10:00 we will look at each other and wonder what we are doing, get a bottle of wine, go to the hotel and revert to #2.
Hi y'all!

Winner - BBO Challenge bracket #6 - February, 2017.

#14 User is offline   gwnn 

• Csaba the Hutt
  • Interests:bye

Posted 2009-December-30, 15:41

trying not to get very wasted in a party...
... and I can prove it with my usual, flawless logic.
      George Carlin

#15 User is offline   y66 

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 2009-December-30, 16:27

Will spend this one at home in Arlington, Virginia, 2 miles south of Washington DC. Will be following passedout's fire and wine script which is one of my favorite ways to spend a winter evening. I put up a candle chandelier for the holidays and I am using 2 candles only (out of 6) to conserve energy. I will also be wearing long underwear and a sweater and keeping the heat turned down. I hope that makes Gerben happy.
If you lose all hope, you can always find it again -- Richard Ford in The Sportswriter

#16 User is offline   akhare 

• PipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 2009-December-30, 16:34

At a friend's place with a few others, in the proud majority of one (as bridge players go :))...
foobar on BBO

#17 User is offline   kfay 

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Interests:Science, Sports

Posted 2010-January-01, 00:52

In Chicago with my oldest brother and girlfriend. Tomorrow, headed back to Missouri with several brothers to try to get in that pond hockey we missed out on over Christmas! :ph34r:
Kevin Fay

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users