Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

Polls in this forum A suggestion

#1 User is offline   1eyedjack 

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Advanced Members

Posted 2004-June-13, 12:42

How about if anyone who wants to post a poll is asked always to include "abstain" in one of the options?

Reason (by way of example):

There is a poll currently being polled that asks for preferred formats of ACBL tourneys. I have no interest in playing in ACBL tourneys, nor do I have an opinion about their preferred format. But I do have a curiosity about how others are voting in that poll. Currently I can only interrogate that information by voting. I have no wish to distort the results so I shall remain in ignorance. Others might not, however, so including an abstain option (which would prevent you from voting again) would cater for those individuals without distorting the results.
Psych (pron. saik): A gross and deliberate misstatement of honour strength and/or suit length. Expressly permitted under Law 73E but forbidden contrary to that law by Acol club tourneys.

Psyche (pron. sahy-kee): The human soul, spirit or mind (derived, personification thereof, beloved of Eros, Greek myth).
Masterminding (pron. mPosted ImagesPosted ImagetPosted Imager-mPosted ImagendPosted Imageing) tr. v. - Any bid made by bridge player with which partner disagrees.

"Gentlemen, when the barrage lifts." 9th battalion, King's own Yorkshire light infantry,
2000 years earlier: "morituri te salutant"

"I will be with you, whatever". Blair to Bush, precursor to invasion of Iraq

#2 User is offline   red dwarf 

• PipPip
  • Group: Members

Posted 2004-June-13, 12:56

just press show results, you dont have to take part to see how others are voting. :unsure:

#3 User is offline   1eyedjack 

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Advanced Members

Posted 2004-June-13, 13:15

Oh, DUH!

I was still in bridgetalk mode. And now discovered that in that forum you can view results (but denied voting powers) simply by logging out and viewing as guest.

Thanks
Psych (pron. saik): A gross and deliberate misstatement of honour strength and/or suit length. Expressly permitted under Law 73E but forbidden contrary to that law by Acol club tourneys.

Psyche (pron. sahy-kee): The human soul, spirit or mind (derived, personification thereof, beloved of Eros, Greek myth).
Masterminding (pron. mPosted ImagesPosted ImagetPosted Imager-mPosted ImagendPosted Imageing) tr. v. - Any bid made by bridge player with which partner disagrees.

"Gentlemen, when the barrage lifts." 9th battalion, King's own Yorkshire light infantry,
2000 years earlier: "morituri te salutant"

"I will be with you, whatever". Blair to Bush, precursor to invasion of Iraq

#4 User is offline   slothy 

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Full Members

Posted 2004-June-19, 21:48

Dear MonocledJack,

I have metaphorically tied my fingers together to abstain from stating the obvious :P

....although your DUUH paraphrased it nicely....

Regards Alex

;)
gaudium est miseris socios habuisse penarum - Misery loves company.

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users