• You cannot reply to this topic

tournament troll

#1 User is offline   babalu1997 

• Duchess of Malaprop
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Full Members
  • Interests:i am not interested

Posted 2009-October-16, 20:02

what recourse do players have against tournament trolls?

i have observed a player who has a couple of names but keeps the same banner in his profile so I know it is the same person

he creates spurious results in tournaments by either passing hands with 20 hcp then doubling or sometimes punishing unsuspecting partners by bidding strongly with veyr weak hands.

once i reported him to a td, who told me players cannot be punished for bad bidding

my opinion is this guy is not a novice as he claims because he has been at bbo for a couple of years.

I do know that the software picks up some of these players, but in this case, he has seeral names.

how can we as players get relief? this guy is a regular every evening

View PostFree, on 2011-May-10, 03:57, said:

Babalu just wanted a shoulder to cry on, is that too much to ask for?

#2 User is offline   the hog 

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Advanced Members
  • Interests:Wagner and Bridge

Posted 2009-October-17, 02:07

Easy. Don't play with him/her as a partner. Furthermore, does it really matter? Are you playing for sheepstations?
"The King of Hearts a broadsword bears, the Queen of Hearts a rose." W. H. Auden.

#3 User is offline   1eyedjack 

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 2009-October-17, 02:49

I have some sympathy with the OP. This comes into the same category as those who randomly bid 7Nxx. Albeit with a minor degree of extra subtlety that prevents him being booted immediately. If the 7Nxx bidders are considered spoilers, why should not this individual? Or perhaps you suggest that we should just ignore the 7Nxx'ers as well?

Sheepstations or not, we go to BBO for enjoyment.
Psych (pron. saik): A gross and deliberate misstatement of honour strength and/or suit length. Expressly permitted under Law 73E but forbidden contrary to that law by Acol club tourneys.

Psyche (pron. sahy-kee): The human soul, spirit or mind (derived, personification thereof, beloved of Eros, Greek myth).
Masterminding (pron. mPosted ImagesPosted ImagetPosted Imager-mPosted ImagendPosted Imageing) tr. v. - Any bid made by bridge player with which partner disagrees.

"Gentlemen, when the barrage lifts." 9th battalion, King's own Yorkshire light infantry,
2000 years earlier: "morituri te salutant"

"I will be with you, whatever". Blair to Bush, precursor to invasion of Iraq

#4 User is offline   barmar 

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Admin

Posted 2009-October-17, 02:53

And if he does this in indies, it's hard to follow the advice not to partner with him.

Would it be appropriate to report him to abuse@? They could check the history of all his handles

#5 User is offline   matmat 

• ded
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 2009-October-17, 13:20

it wasn't me.

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users