BBO Discussion Forums: Tournament Rules - BBO Discussion Forums

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

Tournament Rules Looking for where they are posted?

#1 User is offline   Taven 

• Pip
  • Group: Members

Posted 2009-December-14, 00:03

Recently my partner and I received an "Average" for a board since we Rejected an UnDo, assuming that much like any of the Pairs tournaments we had previously played, that they were not allowed.

We did have a brief Table -> chat with the Director which left us somewhat muted about 'Why?' there was a problem.
He/She simple stated that we needed to "Read".
Other than the "More" description (which BTW clearly had shown UnDo's allowed), I have yet to find any formal link / Help page reference to review.

May not be needed for most regular players, but as a newcomer, we already started a bit lost while just in the Lobby. :)

#2 User is offline   Old York 

• PipPipPipPip
  • Group: Full Members
  • Interests:People, Places, Humour

Posted 2009-December-14, 07:29

It is quite rare to find undos allowed during the play, although some directors allow undos for bidding only. If it is mandatory to accept all undos in this particular tournament, then it must be clearly stated in the tournament lobby description.

The Tournament Rules should be available in the lobby, there is a button clearly labelled "Tournament Rules"... however, this is often left blank by some directors.

Declarer should have explained that undos are allowed and clicked the undo button again. Calling the TD and asking for Ave was a bit unfriendly. Even so, TD should have taken the time to explain

The undo button is a minefield, and rejections often lead to arguments and ill feeling, that is why most free tournaments dont allow them

Tony
Hanging on in quiet desperation, is the English way (Pink Floyd)

#3 User is offline   TimG 

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Advanced Members

Posted 2009-December-14, 07:41

Taven, on Dec 14 2009, 01:03 AM, said:

Other than the "More" description (which BTW clearly had shown UnDo's allowed), I have yet to find any formal link / Help page reference to review.

That is likely because each tournament organizer can set their own rules; there are no universal BBO rules for tournaments when it comes to things like undos and system regulations.

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users