A Recipe For Facts NYT leaks IAEA "report" on Iran

#41 User is offline   Winstonm 

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Advanced Members
  • Interests:Art, music

Posted 2009-October-09, 18:30

ArtK78, on Oct 8 2009, 11:38 PM, said:

Winstonm, on Oct 8 2009, 07:21 PM, said:

Here is the latest "infomercial" from the Pentagon sent through their press agent, The Washington Post.

The Washington Post is the press agent for the Pentagon? Now I have heard everything.

Once again you simply ignore content and adhere to a prejudiced, preconceived view. Read the story - there is no reporting to it. It is simply a rehash of what some un-named so-and-so said. I defy you to find anything in that "story" that in any way does something other than present a single-sided case that makes the Pentagon look like it is 100% in lockstep with and in support of General McChrystal. I can guarantee you that even in the military, there is dissenting opinion. And in this story a dissenter could certainly have remained unnamed, as everyone was unnamed - including the real author.

If you do not understand that the Pentagon has information officers who will gladly leak a complete story and expect it to be published under someone else's biline, well I pity you.

In case you have been sleeping the past few years, it was also disclosed (albeit the story was made to quickly disappear) that all those "military analysts" used by Fox and NBC and CBS, et al were retired military who had strong financial incentives to hawk for more war.

Jeff Huber, who actually knows how the military works, writes:

McChrystal reportedly eats one meal a day and sleeps three hours a night. We can’t know for sure if that’s true, but we can assume McChrystal wants us to think it is because it comes from the New York Times, who almost certainly got it from the press kit McChrystal’s public affairs colonel gave them.

Unconfirmed rumor also has it that McChrystal only drinks rain water to avoid the effects of fluoridation on his precious bodily fluids, and that he takes acai berry purgatives to maintain his purity of essence. However much of this is true or merely legend crafting, it’s all loony enough to make Petraeus’s one-arm push up contests with teenage privates look dignified in comparison.

"Injustice anywhere is a threat to justice everywhere." Black Lives Matter. / "I need ammunition, not a ride." Zelensky

• 3 Pages +
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users