All Vul @ IMPs
(2♥*) P (P) ???
*5+H, 8-11 HCP.
Holding:
♠A7 ♥AQ732 ♦QT ♣K753
What's your call?
If this hand isn't worth 2NT, how much more would you need? (assuming the same shape)
Page 1 of 1
Balance?
#2
Posted 2009-August-27, 09:25
Pass looks clear. We hold their best suit, everyone is vulnerable, so we are chalking up 100's for unders.
To me, its less a matter of strength than it is shape. I'm not sure I'd balance with this pattern unless I held a monster. Take away a heart and this is an easy 2N call.
Is this a Bailey 2? Then pass looks even easier, since LHO usually has defense.
To me, its less a matter of strength than it is shape. I'm not sure I'd balance with this pattern unless I held a monster. Take away a heart and this is an easy 2N call.
Is this a Bailey 2? Then pass looks even easier, since LHO usually has defense.
Hi y'all!
Winner - BBO Challenge bracket #6 - February, 2017.
Winner - BBO Challenge bracket #6 - February, 2017.
#3
Posted 2009-August-27, 09:59
Hellll no. Partner couldn't make a noise when he's likely to be short in hearts and I'm happy to take the 100 unders. Lefty's shown 8-11 so it's possible that noone can make anything. For me to bid I would probably prefer more intermediates or maybe just the ♥A elsewhere.
- Andy -
We are all connected to each other biologically, to the Earth chemically, and to the rest of the universe atomically.
We're in the universe, and the universe is in us.
We are all connected to each other biologically, to the Earth chemically, and to the rest of the universe atomically.
We're in the universe, and the universe is in us.
#4
Posted 2009-August-27, 11:54
what Phil says, better spots and a bit stronger hand for reopening. I don't like the intermediates, and they are gonna play a role in 3NT.
#6
Posted 2009-August-27, 12:11
WesleyC, on Aug 27 2009, 10:19 AM, said:
All Vul @ IMPs
(2♥*) P (P) ???
*5+H, 8-11 HCP.
Holding:
♠A7 ♥AQ732 ♦QT ♣K753
What's your call?
If this hand isn't worth 2NT, how much more would you need? (assuming the same shape)
(2♥*) P (P) ???
*5+H, 8-11 HCP.
Holding:
♠A7 ♥AQ732 ♦QT ♣K753
What's your call?
If this hand isn't worth 2NT, how much more would you need? (assuming the same shape)
2NT works for me. Partner will put us in game with 9+ or more. Of course many here will say that with 9+ or more and what is clearly a short ♥ holding partner would have Xed so this is a clear pass
"Tell me of your home world, Usul"
the Freman, Chani from the move "Dune"
"I learned long ago, never to wrestle with a pig. You get dirty, and besides, the pig likes it."
George Bernard Shaw
the Freman, Chani from the move "Dune"
"I learned long ago, never to wrestle with a pig. You get dirty, and besides, the pig likes it."
George Bernard Shaw
#7
Posted 2009-August-27, 12:17
pooltuna, on Aug 27 2009, 06:11 PM, said:
WesleyC, on Aug 27 2009, 10:19 AM, said:
All Vul @ IMPs
(2♥*) P (P) ???
*5+H, 8-11 HCP.
Holding:
♠A7 ♥AQ732 ♦QT ♣K753
What's your call?
If this hand isn't worth 2NT, how much more would you need? (assuming the same shape)
(2♥*) P (P) ???
*5+H, 8-11 HCP.
Holding:
♠A7 ♥AQ732 ♦QT ♣K753
What's your call?
If this hand isn't worth 2NT, how much more would you need? (assuming the same shape)
2NT works for me. Partner will put us in game with 9+ or more. Of course many here will say that with 9+ or more and what is clearly a short ♥ holding partner would have Xed so this is a clear pass
The real problem is: you have no suit to play the 3NT on, everything is offside for you, partner is gonna lay down his 4153 or 4252 dummy hand and you will quickly find this is a hopeless contract.
Page 1 of 1

Help
