Practicing with Gnome last night he had this nightmare:
2/1 with a few gadgets that don't really apply here
AQxxx void xxx AJ9xx
1♠ - 2♥
2♠ - 3♥
?
Page 1 of 1
Blecch
#3
Posted 2009-August-11, 10:20
3NT because that is what I wanna play.
4♥ and even pass are the alternatives IMO.
4♥ and even pass are the alternatives IMO.
#4
Posted 2009-August-11, 10:22
Fluffy, on Aug 11 2009, 11:20 AM, said:
3NT because that is what I wanna play.
4♥ and even pass are the alternatives IMO.
4♥ and even pass are the alternatives IMO.
I guess 4H is possible, but PASS?!?! lol
#5
Posted 2009-August-11, 11:05
3NT, I guess, though 4♥ might have some merit. Entirely foreseeable...I'm not sure it takes a genius to open 1♣. Having said that, I'd say that at the table, it's about 10% I'd have opened 1♣ and 90% I'd have been sitting there thinking about my third bid saying to myself, "Geez, I should have opened 1♣." Yeah, 2/1 auctions are nice, but partner has ways to set game forces and show his hand after 1m, too.
1♣-1♥
1♠-2♦*
2♠ is a smooth start. Arguably, we're in the same boat if partner's third bid is 3♥, but at least he knows we have a fistfull of clubs, too, and that might help him do something intelligent either instead of or after 3♥.
1♣-1♥
1♠-2♦*
2♠ is a smooth start. Arguably, we're in the same boat if partner's third bid is 3♥, but at least he knows we have a fistfull of clubs, too, and that might help him do something intelligent either instead of or after 3♥.
1. LSAT tutor for rent.
Call me Desdinova...Eternal Light
C. It's the nexus of the crisis and the origin of storms.
IV: ace 333: pot should be game, idk
e: "Maybe God remembered how cute you were as a carrot."
Call me Desdinova...Eternal Light
C. It's the nexus of the crisis and the origin of storms.
IV: ace 333: pot should be game, idk
e: "Maybe God remembered how cute you were as a carrot."
#6
Posted 2009-August-11, 11:09
Lobowolf, on Aug 11 2009, 12:05 PM, said:
3NT, I guess, though 4♥ might have some merit. Entirely foreseeable...I'm not sure it takes a genius to open 1♣. Having said that, I'd say that at the table, it's about 10% I'd have opened 1♣ and 90% I'd have been sitting there thinking about my third bid saying to myself, "Geez, I should have opened 1♣." Yeah, 2/1 auctions are nice, but partner has ways to set game forces and show his hand after 1m, too.
1♣-1♥
1♠-2♦*
2♠ is a smooth start. Arguably, we're in the same boat if partner's third bid is 3♥, but at least he knows we have a fistfull of clubs, too, and that might help him do something intelligent either instead of or after 3♥.
1♣-1♥
1♠-2♦*
2♠ is a smooth start. Arguably, we're in the same boat if partner's third bid is 3♥, but at least he knows we have a fistfull of clubs, too, and that might help him do something intelligent either instead of or after 3♥.
No reasonable expert would argue that if the opps are going to pass throughout then you should open 1C (assuming that rebidding spades twice could show 5-5 in your system).
However, almost all reasonable experts will open 1S with this hand. There is a reason for that.
#7
Posted 2009-August-11, 11:30
3NT wtp
"It may be rude to leave to go to the bathroom, but it's downright stupid to sit there and piss yourself" - blackshoe
Page 1 of 1

Help
