BBO Discussion Forums: Blecch - BBO Discussion Forums

Jump to content

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

Blecch

Poll: Blecch (13 member(s) have cast votes)

Blecch

  1. 3S (0 votes [0.00%])

    Percentage of vote: 0.00%

  2. 3N (11 votes [84.62%])

    Percentage of vote: 84.62%

  3. 4C because it shows clubs (0 votes [0.00%])

    Percentage of vote: 0.00%

  4. 4C realizing it is a cue for hearts, but making the call anyway (0 votes [0.00%])

    Percentage of vote: 0.00%

  5. 4H (0 votes [0.00%])

    Percentage of vote: 0.00%

  6. I would have opened 1C. See I'm a genius! (1 votes [7.69%])

    Percentage of vote: 7.69%

  7. I would have passed originally like Mike777 and avoided this mess. (1 votes [7.69%])

    Percentage of vote: 7.69%

Vote Guests cannot vote

#1 User is offline   Phil 

  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Advanced Members
  • Posts: 10,094
  • Joined: 2008-December-11
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:North Texas, USA
  • Interests:Mountain Biking

Posted 2009-August-11, 10:13

Practicing with Gnome last night he had this nightmare:

2/1 with a few gadgets that don't really apply here

AQxxx void xxx AJ9xx

1♠ - 2♥
2♠ - 3♥
?
Hi y'all!

Winner - BBO Challenge bracket #6 - February, 2017.
0

#2 User is offline   Jlall 

  • Follower of 655321
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Members
  • Posts: 3,293
  • Joined: 2008-December-05
  • Interests:drinking, women, bridge...what else?

Posted 2009-August-11, 10:15

3N, what else?
0

#3 User is offline   Fluffy 

  • World International Master without a clue
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Advanced Members
  • Posts: 17,404
  • Joined: 2003-November-13
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:madrid

Posted 2009-August-11, 10:20

3NT because that is what I wanna play.

4♥ and even pass are the alternatives IMO.
0

#4 User is offline   Jlall 

  • Follower of 655321
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Members
  • Posts: 3,293
  • Joined: 2008-December-05
  • Interests:drinking, women, bridge...what else?

Posted 2009-August-11, 10:22

Fluffy, on Aug 11 2009, 11:20 AM, said:

3NT because that is what I wanna play.

4♥ and even pass are the alternatives IMO.

I guess 4H is possible, but PASS?!?! lol
0

#5 User is offline   Lobowolf 

  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Advanced Members
  • Posts: 2,030
  • Joined: 2008-August-08
  • Interests:Attorney, writer, entertainer.<br><br>Great close-up magicians we have known: Shoot Ogawa, Whit Haydn, Bill Malone, David Williamson, Dai Vernon, Michael Skinner, Jay Sankey, Brian Gillis, Eddie Fechter, Simon Lovell, Carl Andrews.

Posted 2009-August-11, 11:05

3NT, I guess, though 4♥ might have some merit. Entirely foreseeable...I'm not sure it takes a genius to open 1♣. Having said that, I'd say that at the table, it's about 10% I'd have opened 1♣ and 90% I'd have been sitting there thinking about my third bid saying to myself, "Geez, I should have opened 1♣." Yeah, 2/1 auctions are nice, but partner has ways to set game forces and show his hand after 1m, too.

1♣-1♥
1♠-2♦*
2♠ is a smooth start. Arguably, we're in the same boat if partner's third bid is 3♥, but at least he knows we have a fistfull of clubs, too, and that might help him do something intelligent either instead of or after 3♥.
1. LSAT tutor for rent.

Call me Desdinova...Eternal Light

C. It's the nexus of the crisis and the origin of storms.

IV: ace 333: pot should be game, idk

e: "Maybe God remembered how cute you were as a carrot."
0

#6 User is offline   Jlall 

  • Follower of 655321
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Members
  • Posts: 3,293
  • Joined: 2008-December-05
  • Interests:drinking, women, bridge...what else?

Posted 2009-August-11, 11:09

Lobowolf, on Aug 11 2009, 12:05 PM, said:

3NT, I guess, though 4♥ might have some merit. Entirely foreseeable...I'm not sure it takes a genius to open 1♣. Having said that, I'd say that at the table, it's about 10% I'd have opened 1♣ and 90% I'd have been sitting there thinking about my third bid saying to myself, "Geez, I should have opened 1♣." Yeah, 2/1 auctions are nice, but partner has ways to set game forces and show his hand after 1m, too.

1♣-1♥
1♠-2♦*
2♠ is a smooth start. Arguably, we're in the same boat if partner's third bid is 3♥, but at least he knows we have a fistfull of clubs, too, and that might help him do something intelligent either instead of or after 3♥.

No reasonable expert would argue that if the opps are going to pass throughout then you should open 1C (assuming that rebidding spades twice could show 5-5 in your system).

However, almost all reasonable experts will open 1S with this hand. There is a reason for that.
0

#7 User is offline   Free 

  • mmm Duvel
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Advanced Members
  • Posts: 10,728
  • Joined: 2003-July-30
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:Belgium
  • Interests:Duvel, Whisky

Posted 2009-August-11, 11:30

3NT wtp
"It may be rude to leave to go to the bathroom, but it's downright stupid to sit there and piss yourself" - blackshoe
0

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users