BBO Discussion Forums: Thought experiment - BBO Discussion Forums

Jump to content

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

Thought experiment

Poll: which major will it be? (33 member(s) have cast votes)

which major will it be?

  1. 4H (30 votes [90.91%])

    Percentage of vote: 90.91%

  2. 4S (3 votes [9.09%])

    Percentage of vote: 9.09%

Vote Guests cannot vote

#1 User is offline   gwnn 

  • Csaba the Hutt
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Advanced Members
  • Posts: 13,027
  • Joined: 2006-June-16
  • Gender:Male
  • Interests:bye

Posted 2009-August-05, 05:38

You probably misbid but there are no undos now.

1♥-1♠
3♥-3♠
4♦* COG!

AKxxx
x
xxxxx
xx

Will you choose hearts or spades?
... and I can prove it with my usual, flawless logic.
      George Carlin
0

#2 User is offline   gnasher 

  • Andy Bowles
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Advanced Members
  • Posts: 11,993
  • Joined: 2007-May-03
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:London, UK

Posted 2009-August-05, 06:22

I don't think I've misbid, and I now bid 4♥, because my spades are no better than partner will already expect.
... that would still not be conclusive proof, before someone wants to explain that to me as well as if I was a 5 year-old. - gwnn
0

#3 User is offline   Cascade 

  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Yellows
  • Posts: 6,772
  • Joined: 2003-July-22
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:New Zealand
  • Interests:Juggling, Unicycling

Posted 2009-August-05, 06:24

I might have PASSed 3♥ unless I play some gadget in which 3♥ shows three-card spade support which incidentally I do play.

Now I bid 4♥ since 3♠ on this auction (in standard) will frequently be based on six spades.

4♦ is a cute agreement as COG.
Wayne Burrows

I believe that the USA currently hold only the World Championship For People Who Still Bid Like Your Auntie Gladys - dburn
dunno how to play 4 card majors - JLOGIC
True but I know Standard American and what better reason could I have for playing Precision? - Hideous Hog
Bidding is an estimation of probabilities SJ Simon

#4 User is offline   andy_h 

  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Advanced Members
  • Posts: 1,962
  • Joined: 2007-September-14
  • Location:Australia
  • Interests:The Universe, Traveling, Squash, and Scandinavia.

Posted 2009-August-05, 06:26

Hearts. To protect partner's holdings (minor factor) and also to avoid any awkward ruffs + needing to draw trumps at the same time if spades are trumps.
- Andy -

We are all connected to each other biologically, to the Earth chemically, and to the rest of the universe atomically.
We're in the universe, and the universe is in us.
0

#5 User is offline   Fluffy 

  • World International Master without a clue
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Advanced Members
  • Posts: 17,404
  • Joined: 2003-November-13
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:madrid

Posted 2009-August-05, 06:37

♠AK will work as dummy
0

#6 User is offline   655321 

  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Advanced Members
  • Posts: 2,502
  • Joined: 2007-December-22

Posted 2009-August-05, 08:08

Yes, agree 4♥ and happy with the auction.
That's impossible. No one can give more than one hundred percent. By definition that is the most anyone can give.
0

#7 User is offline   gwnn 

  • Csaba the Hutt
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Advanced Members
  • Posts: 13,027
  • Joined: 2006-June-16
  • Gender:Male
  • Interests:bye

Posted 2009-August-07, 03:52

Not surprisingly, 4♥ is good and 4♠ is (very) bad.

Jx
AKJTxx
AKJ
xx

At the table partner bid 4♠ because we had no cog (hence thread title).
... and I can prove it with my usual, flawless logic.
      George Carlin
0

#8 User is offline   mtvesuvius 

  • Vesuvius the Violent Volcano
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Advanced Members
  • Posts: 3,216
  • Joined: 2008-December-04
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:Tampa-Area, Florida
  • Interests:SLEEPING

Posted 2009-August-07, 15:33

♥
Yay for the "Ignored Users" feature!
0

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users