Posting this from my phone on the way to work! Up too late last night playing poorly.
J98xxxx KQ9x x x
W/w imps.
2d-(p)-?
Your bids are forcing, your preempts are what most would consider normal, not crazy.
Page 1 of 1
posting on the bus
#2
Posted 2009-August-05, 07:43
Do you have wifi or just edge/3g on the bus?
I think I'd bid 4♠ at the table. I have some doubts if it makes much sense.
I think I'd bid 4♠ at the table. I have some doubts if it makes much sense.
... and I can prove it with my usual, flawless logic.
George Carlin
George Carlin
#3
Posted 2009-August-05, 07:57
On the other end of the spectrum...
I'd pass and consider that to be quite normal.
I'd pass and consider that to be quite normal.
#4
Posted 2009-August-05, 07:57
kfay, on Aug 5 2009, 08:38 AM, said:
Posting this from my phone on the way to work! Up too late last night playing poorly.
J98xxxx KQ9x x x
W/w imps.
2d-(p)-?
Your bids are forcing, your preempts are what most would consider normal, not crazy.
J98xxxx KQ9x x x
W/w imps.
2d-(p)-?
Your bids are forcing, your preempts are what most would consider normal, not crazy.
possible calls look to be Pass, 3♣, 3♦,2♠. Clearly pass is the straight and narrow call while 3♣ is a psyche. 3♦ makes it harder for the opps to find ♣ but you can only make this call if you are playing RONF, 2♠ while it is your suit do you really want a ♠ lead and of the other 2 suits ♣ is easier to bid because ♥will be available to the partner on the same level.
"Tell me of your home world, Usul"
the Freman, Chani from the move "Dune"
"I learned long ago, never to wrestle with a pig. You get dirty, and besides, the pig likes it."
George Bernard Shaw
the Freman, Chani from the move "Dune"
"I learned long ago, never to wrestle with a pig. You get dirty, and besides, the pig likes it."
George Bernard Shaw
#7
Posted 2009-August-05, 14:46
Pass?
If 2S would be NF, I would bid 2S, but you said 2S is forcing.
2S may play better than 2D, but are you sure, that 3S plays
better than 2D?
with kind regards
Marlowe
If 2S would be NF, I would bid 2S, but you said 2S is forcing.
2S may play better than 2D, but are you sure, that 3S plays
better than 2D?
with kind regards
Marlowe
With kind regards
Uwe Gebhardt (P_Marlowe)
Uwe Gebhardt (P_Marlowe)
#8
Posted 2009-August-06, 20:18
I'm all for bidding a non-forcing 2♠, but no way would I dig myself an even bigger hole by making a forcing bid and praying partner has some degree of spade support.
Page 1 of 1

Help
