Odd hand at MPs
#1
Posted 2009-July-30, 11:00
♥Q7xxxx
♦KQ
♣A
MPs, NV
1♥ - 1N (F1)
?
Winner - BBO Challenge bracket #6 - February, 2017.
#2
Posted 2009-July-30, 11:10
#3
Posted 2009-July-30, 11:29
George Carlin
#4
Posted 2009-July-30, 11:34
If 2♠ is game forcing in whatever methods you play, you should have some other way to handle an intermediate spade-heart 2 suiter with longer hearts.
#6
Posted 2009-July-30, 12:18
#7
Posted 2009-July-30, 12:44
I also don't mind Csaba's suggestion of 2NT.
I believe that the USA currently hold only the World Championship For People Who Still Bid Like Your Auntie Gladys - dburn
dunno how to play 4 card majors - JLOGIC
True but I know Standard American and what better reason could I have for playing Precision? - Hideous Hog
Bidding is an estimation of probabilities SJ Simon
#8
Posted 2009-July-30, 12:51
#9
Posted 2009-July-30, 14:47
Looks like we'll have huge communication problems in 3NT, the most likely spot if I rebid 2♠ or 2NT. And I don't like my hand that much either.
Harald
#10
Posted 2009-July-30, 14:54
I don't like 2NT, because it precludes reaching 3♣ (if that's what partner wanted to do) and it may preclude 3♦ if you don't have a system to reach there.
That leaves me with 2♥ or 2♠ and I like the idea of showing 9 of my cards, even if it's an overbid because of the scattered honors.
I can live with 2♥ though.
#11
Posted 2009-July-30, 22:18
We are all connected to each other biologically, to the Earth chemically, and to the rest of the universe atomically.
We're in the universe, and the universe is in us.
#12
Posted 2009-July-31, 07:36
Granted there are many helpful hands partner could have that are minimum and suitable enough to give game a shot. Assuming however you have partner respond 2N to the reverse how happy are you going to be to re-bid 3H now to show your minimum reverse? When partner raises to game holding Jxx Jx Jxx KQxxx I wish you good fortune, and pray you do not hear dble. While this 8 count is very poor fitting, 4H could go 2 or 3 down on a bad day. On the other side of the coin even holding only 2 trumps partner is permitted to raise H with just 2 with a more suitable 9 or so and might even be able to bid 2N.
Mark me down for a 2H call and take the plus. Nice pairs problem.
#13
Posted 2009-July-31, 13:31
#14
Posted 2009-July-31, 15:26
KFay played a silly 3N that happened to roll home
Winner - BBO Challenge bracket #6 - February, 2017.
#15
Posted 2009-July-31, 20:24
Uncontested
1♥>1♠
?
Contested
1♥ p 1♠ 2♣/♦
?
#16
Posted 2009-July-31, 21:17
H_KARLUK, on Jul 31 2009, 09:24 PM, said:
Uncontested
1♥>1♠
?
Contested
1♥ p 1♠ 2♣/♦
?
3♠?
Winner - BBO Challenge bracket #6 - February, 2017.
#17
Posted 2009-July-31, 21:42
#18
Posted 2009-July-31, 23:15
I also don't mind 2NT that much.
To answer Hamdi's question - both hands would bid an obvious 3S over 1S. This is NOT a gf.
#19
Posted 2009-August-01, 00:40
Phil, on Jul 30 2009, 12:00 PM, said:
♥Q7xxxx
♦KQ
♣A
MPs, NV
1♥ - 1N (F1)
?
2s
gross overbid
2h is fine if rothstone but I doubt we are playing that.
#20
Posted 2009-August-01, 02:25
Hamdi what kind of system do you play if you think
1h-1s
3s
is game forcing?
George Carlin

Help
