MP, nobody vul, this was the functional equivalent of a big fat zero. Who's to blame? West dealt.
K9x
x
ATxxxx
KQx
x
QTxxx
KQJx
Jxx
1♣-1♦-1♠-3♣*
3♦*-x-p-p
3♥-4♦-p-p
4♠-p-p-p
3♣ was a mixed raise.
just made. 5♦x would be 100 and a great score.
Page 1 of 1
somebody dropped the ball
#2
Posted 2009-July-26, 23:02
unlucky
Wayne Burrows
I believe that the USA currently hold only the World Championship For People Who Still Bid Like Your Auntie Gladys - dburn
dunno how to play 4 card majors - JLOGIC
True but I know Standard American and what better reason could I have for playing Precision? - Hideous Hog
Bidding is an estimation of probabilities SJ Simon
I believe that the USA currently hold only the World Championship For People Who Still Bid Like Your Auntie Gladys - dburn
dunno how to play 4 card majors - JLOGIC
True but I know Standard American and what better reason could I have for playing Precision? - Hideous Hog
Bidding is an estimation of probabilities SJ Simon
#3
Posted 2009-July-27, 03:15
I'm unable to decide if anyone is clearly to blame.
One small point: After the 3♦x, South could have raised to 4♦ instead of passing. I guess 3♦x showed extra length but not extra strength... in which case South knows N/S have a more offense oriented hand.
A 4♦ bid jams the auction, plus it provides additional info for North to take the final decision. However, I am not sure that North can still be sure 5♦ sacrifice is worth it.
One small point: After the 3♦x, South could have raised to 4♦ instead of passing. I guess 3♦x showed extra length but not extra strength... in which case South knows N/S have a more offense oriented hand.
A 4♦ bid jams the auction, plus it provides additional info for North to take the final decision. However, I am not sure that North can still be sure 5♦ sacrifice is worth it.
#4
Posted 2009-July-27, 03:53
Hi,
what was 3D? 3H?
In the end West did bid 4S on his own, and unless you really
know, that the guy knowes what he is doing, his bidding is
suspect, so that you cant be sure, that 4S is making.
With kind regards
Marlowe
what was 3D? 3H?
In the end West did bid 4S on his own, and unless you really
know, that the guy knowes what he is doing, his bidding is
suspect, so that you cant be sure, that 4S is making.
With kind regards
Marlowe
With kind regards
Uwe Gebhardt (P_Marlowe)
Uwe Gebhardt (P_Marlowe)
#5
Posted 2009-July-27, 03:57
Mixed raises are supposed to contain a little defense, not trump honors and an outside Q. So South gets a little.
Still, you are beating 4♠ frequently so not a lot to go around here.
Still, you are beating 4♠ frequently so not a lot to go around here.
Hi y'all!
Winner - BBO Challenge bracket #6 - February, 2017.
Winner - BBO Challenge bracket #6 - February, 2017.
#6
Posted 2009-July-27, 05:22
Did North's double of 3♦ have an agreed meaning? If it expressed interest in saving, South's hand, with KQJ of diamonds and a singleton, is ideal, and he could have bid 5♦ instead of passing.
Alternatively North could have decided to bid 5♦ over 3♦. I think this would have been a reasonable choice after a 4 card raise.
As it was, nobody quite took the push. That is not terrible, and if 4♠ and 5♦ were both going down your score would have been better.
Alternatively North could have decided to bid 5♦ over 3♦. I think this would have been a reasonable choice after a 4 card raise.
As it was, nobody quite took the push. That is not terrible, and if 4♠ and 5♦ were both going down your score would have been better.
That's impossible. No one can give more than one hundred percent. By definition that is the most anyone can give.
Page 1 of 1

Help
