65
AK98
AT732
K3
mp nobody vul it goes
2♣-p-p-2♦
p-2♠-p-?
How would you describe partner's 2♠ bid?
What do you do?
Sorry I forgot to mention 2♣ was precision. 11-15
Page 1 of 1
all those hcp
#2
Posted 2009-July-27, 02:23
2C was?
Assuming 2C was not a strong bid, than 2S showes
a hand short below a 2S overcall, i.e. 8/9HCP and 5
spades, it should also deny 3 diamonds.
I pass, the alternative being something like 2NT.
With kind regards
Marlowe
Assuming 2C was not a strong bid, than 2S showes
a hand short below a 2S overcall, i.e. 8/9HCP and 5
spades, it should also deny 3 diamonds.
I pass, the alternative being something like 2NT.
With kind regards
Marlowe
With kind regards
Uwe Gebhardt (P_Marlowe)
Uwe Gebhardt (P_Marlowe)
#5
Posted 2009-July-27, 09:26
I agree with most of the comments, in terms of meaning, but I would allow partner a little more by way of high cards than earlier posters. A 2♠ overcall of a precision 2♣ opening should show close to opening values.
I think this is a clear 2N. RHO didn't raise... it's not at all impossible for partner to hold, for example, Qxx in clubs and another 8 points or so... we'll be playing almost double dummy fairly quickly.
And it's not as if playing 2♠ on a club lead is a great mp spot if he lacks a club card
I think this is a clear 2N. RHO didn't raise... it's not at all impossible for partner to hold, for example, Qxx in clubs and another 8 points or so... we'll be playing almost double dummy fairly quickly.
And it's not as if playing 2♠ on a club lead is a great mp spot if he lacks a club card
'one of the great markers of the advance of human kindness is the howls you will hear from the Men of God' Johann Hari
Page 1 of 1

Help
