BBO Discussion Forums: Another lead problem - BBO Discussion Forums

Jump to content

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

Another lead problem I got 11 imp's from this...

#1 User is offline   Hanoi5 

  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Advanced Members
  • Posts: 4,083
  • Joined: 2006-August-31
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:Santiago, Chile
  • Interests:Bridge, Video Games, Languages, Travelling.

Posted 2009-July-20, 04:06

You hold:

♠ATxxx
♥Qxx
♦ATxx
♣x

Bidding goes:

1♦ 1♠ 2♠* Pa
3♣ Pa 5♣ Pa
Pa Pa

As I was on lead I asked opener (who had alerted 2♠ happily as something pretty interesting) and was told that 2♠ meant Hearts and a good hand. This was the final (screens were in use) of a teams' event called mockingly 'morons and masters', where players well positioned in the National ranking have to play with lesser ranked people in teams. What would you lead?

hint:
Spoiler

View Postwyman, on 2012-May-04, 09:48, said:

Also, he rates to not have a heart void when he leads the ♥3.


View Postrbforster, on 2012-May-20, 21:04, said:

Besides playing for fun, most people also like to play bridge to win


My YouTube Channel
0

#2 User is offline   Fluffy 

  • World International Master without a clue
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Advanced Members
  • Posts: 17,404
  • Joined: 2003-November-13
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:madrid

Posted 2009-July-20, 07:51

♠A, RHO might have stretched to bid NT if he held the King, so it looks safer that other leads.
0

#3 User is offline   nick_s 

  • PipPipPipPip
  • Group: Full Members
  • Posts: 170
  • Joined: 2007-December-06
  • Location:Chicago, IL

Posted 2009-July-20, 07:57

I don't believe the explanation of the 2♠ bid. Given that this is not a regular partnership, I think it's a limit+ diamond raise.

I'm leading A♦ followed by 10♦.
Not an expert, just a student of the game
0

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users