easy?
#1
Posted 2009-July-15, 22:15
xxx
xx
x
(1♦) - P - (1♥) - 4♠
(5♥) - P - (6♥) - All Pass
NV vs V
Your lead?
#2
Posted 2009-July-15, 22:30
I believe that the USA currently hold only the World Championship For People Who Still Bid Like Your Auntie Gladys - dburn
dunno how to play 4 card majors - JLOGIC
True but I know Standard American and what better reason could I have for playing Precision? - Hideous Hog
Bidding is an estimation of probabilities SJ Simon
#4
Posted 2009-July-16, 00:49
#5
Posted 2009-July-16, 01:26
Roland
Sanity Check: Failure (Fluffy)
More system is not the answer...
#6
Posted 2009-July-16, 15:07
I thought this was an obv ♣ lead.
#8
Posted 2009-July-16, 15:53
Call me Desdinova...Eternal Light
C. It's the nexus of the crisis and the origin of storms.
IV: ace 333: pot should be game, idk
e: "Maybe God remembered how cute you were as a carrot."
#9
Posted 2009-July-16, 20:41
Cascade, on Jul 16 2009, 11:30 AM, said:
I agree. I think a c lead is masterminding after the fact.
#10
Posted 2009-July-16, 23:13
#11
Posted 2009-July-16, 23:21
Jlall, on Jul 16 2009, 06:00 PM, said:
Were you kibitzing too?
I believe that the USA currently hold only the World Championship For People Who Still Bid Like Your Auntie Gladys - dburn
dunno how to play 4 card majors - JLOGIC
True but I know Standard American and what better reason could I have for playing Precision? - Hideous Hog
Bidding is an estimation of probabilities SJ Simon
#12
Posted 2009-July-17, 01:24
Cascade, on Jul 17 2009, 02:21 PM, said:
Jlall, on Jul 16 2009, 06:00 PM, said:
Were you kibitzing too?
This is not necessary.
Which second trick do you expect to make when you lead a spade?
No second spade trick, this should be a lock.
So you need partner to have a trick in another suit.
Of course it is possible that your lead gives them the chances to discard their spade loser before you regain the lead, but this is less likely then the possibility that one of them has a spade void.
Roland
Sanity Check: Failure (Fluffy)
More system is not the answer...
#13
Posted 2009-July-17, 01:44
Codo, on Jul 17 2009, 08:24 AM, said:
Those aren't the relevant probabilities. For the club lead to be right, you don't just need there to be a spade void: you also need the club lead to work.
#14
Posted 2009-July-17, 01:49
Codo, on Jul 17 2009, 07:24 PM, said:
Cascade, on Jul 17 2009, 02:21 PM, said:
Jlall, on Jul 16 2009, 06:00 PM, said:
Were you kibitzing too?
This is not necessary.
Which second trick do you expect to make when you lead a spade?
No second spade trick, this should be a lock.
So you need partner to have a trick in another suit.
Of course it is possible that your lead gives them the chances to discard their spade loser before you regain the lead, but this is less likely then the possibility that one of them has a spade void.
You play in a tough game if your opponents never bid a slam off two cashing tricks.
Also after I take my spade trick I may have a good idea where we should go (or not passively) to get our second trick.
I believe that the USA currently hold only the World Championship For People Who Still Bid Like Your Auntie Gladys - dburn
dunno how to play 4 card majors - JLOGIC
True but I know Standard American and what better reason could I have for playing Precision? - Hideous Hog
Bidding is an estimation of probabilities SJ Simon
#15
Posted 2009-July-17, 03:32
Cascade, on Jul 17 2009, 12:21 AM, said:
Jlall, on Jul 16 2009, 06:00 PM, said:
Were you kibitzing too?
Don't be bitter about the fact that you will never be remotely close to being as good as me!
#16
Posted 2009-July-17, 03:53
Is that what you were drinking when you were kibitzing?
I believe that the USA currently hold only the World Championship For People Who Still Bid Like Your Auntie Gladys - dburn
dunno how to play 4 card majors - JLOGIC
True but I know Standard American and what better reason could I have for playing Precision? - Hideous Hog
Bidding is an estimation of probabilities SJ Simon
#17
Posted 2009-July-17, 05:28
gnasher, on Jul 17 2009, 04:44 PM, said:
...because?
When a club lead was wrong you can still have hopes that you can beat the contract. This is less certain if the spade lead fails.
Roland
Sanity Check: Failure (Fluffy)
More system is not the answer...
#18
Posted 2009-July-17, 06:28
(1) Deals where a spade is cashing but will be discarded if we don't cash it, and we have another trick somewhere.
(2) Deals where a spade isn't cashing, and a club lead works.
(3) Deals where a spade isn't cashing, and a club lead doesn't work either.
When you said "it is possible that your lead gives them the chances to discard their spade loser before you regain the lead, but this is less likely then the possibility that one of them has a spade void", you seemed to be comparing
(1) with (2) + (3)
whereas the relevant comparison is of
(1) with (2)

Help
