take out partner's double
#1
Posted 2009-July-09, 16:25
(2♠)- X - (3♠) - ps
(ps) - X- (ps) - ???
♠Q873
♥J7
♦A8
♣J7643
#2
Posted 2009-July-09, 16:36
That is, if partner has the values for BOTH doubles.
#3
Posted 2009-July-09, 16:40
4♣ but maybe I am worth more.
I believe that the USA currently hold only the World Championship For People Who Still Bid Like Your Auntie Gladys - dburn
dunno how to play 4 card majors - JLOGIC
True but I know Standard American and what better reason could I have for playing Precision? - Hideous Hog
Bidding is an estimation of probabilities SJ Simon
#4
Posted 2009-July-09, 16:46
Second choice Pass, but I think they will make too often.
#5
Posted 2009-July-09, 16:48
#6
Posted 2009-July-09, 16:52
His second double implies general strength that is both offensive and defensive, since he did not either show a predominant suit of his own OR cue bid to show a monster.
#7
Posted 2009-July-09, 16:58
#8
Posted 2009-July-09, 17:13
jdonn, on Jul 9 2009, 05:58 PM, said:
we play it for the minors....in combination with leaping michaels. We like 5C now, on the given auction.
#9
Posted 2009-July-09, 17:15
Will assume 20 total tricks. We can make 11 and they can make 9.
#10
Posted 2009-July-09, 18:37
PFormaini, on Jul 10 2009, 05:52 AM, said:
His second double implies general strength that is both offensive and defensive, since he did not either show a predominant suit of his own OR cue bid to show a monster.
5C. Pass is off the planet.
The direct cue bid to show a super strong hand went out when Noah revoked playing in the Ark championships. Not one good player that I know of, plays it this way anyomore.
Some pairs use it to show a 2 suiter and some others to show a long solid running suit and asking for a stopper.
#11
Posted 2009-July-10, 17:59
♠
♥A9xx
♦KJ8xx
♣AQ9x
3 spades makes, even with overtrick on some tables where diamods weren't played fast enough.
in clubs only 10 tricks are avaible, RHO is 3442 with all the relevant honnors.
#12
Posted 2009-July-10, 20:07
But still, I would want to be in 5♣, there are only two obvious losers and at worst it looks like it has play.

Help
