BBO Discussion Forums: Non-goulash, ACBL hand May 20th - BBO Discussion Forums

Jump to content

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

Non-goulash, ACBL hand May 20th

#1 User is offline   inquiry 

  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Admin
  • Posts: 14,566
  • Joined: 2003-February-13
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:Amelia Island, FL
  • Interests:Bridge, what else?

Posted 2009-June-29, 22:14

Scoring: XIMP

I will not bother to try to explain some complicated or not so complicated auction to grand slam. This hand was played, 48 times, twice in game, six times in slam, and 40 times in grand slam. I will note 11 people opened either 7♥ or 7♦ with south hand (making short work of the hand).

I held a 12 trick hand once (Cincinnati OH, National in 1972 I think), it needed the queen of hearts or the ability to ruff 3rd round of hearts). These hands are a dime-a-dozen in goulash events, but this one was computer dealth, so I thought I would show it.

BTW, this was originally and EW hand, I rotated it for presentation

--Ben--

#2 User is offline   matmat 

  • ded
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Advanced Members
  • Posts: 3,459
  • Joined: 2005-August-11
  • Gender:Not Telling

Posted 2009-June-29, 22:18

clearly this hinges on the ruffing finesse in spades.
0

#3 User is offline   mtvesuvius 

  • Vesuvius the Violent Volcano
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Advanced Members
  • Posts: 3,216
  • Joined: 2008-December-04
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:Tampa-Area, Florida
  • Interests:SLEEPING

Posted 2009-June-30, 07:28

I open 4NT at Matchpoints... Asking for specific aces for 7NT :)

I'm very, very greedy.
Yay for the "Ignored Users" feature!
0

#4 User is offline   ArtK78 

  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Advanced Members
  • Posts: 7,786
  • Joined: 2004-September-05
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:Galloway NJ USA
  • Interests:Bridge, Poker, participatory and spectator sports.
    Occupation - Tax Attorney in Atlantic City, NJ.

Posted 2009-June-30, 07:55

Twice in game???!!!
0

#5 User is offline   mtvesuvius 

  • Vesuvius the Violent Volcano
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Advanced Members
  • Posts: 3,216
  • Joined: 2008-December-04
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:Tampa-Area, Florida
  • Interests:SLEEPING

Posted 2009-June-30, 07:56

ArtK78, on Jun 30 2009, 08:55 AM, said:

Twice in game???!!!

Nobody passed it out?!
Yay for the "Ignored Users" feature!
0

#6 User is offline   Fluffy 

  • World International Master without a clue
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Advanced Members
  • Posts: 17,404
  • Joined: 2003-November-13
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:madrid

Posted 2009-July-01, 05:23

mtvesuvius, on Jun 30 2009, 01:28 PM, said:

I open 4NT at Matchpoints... Asking for specific aces for 7NT :)

I'm very, very greedy.

real men open 7NT directly gambling on the wrong lead <_<
0

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users