BBO Discussion Forums: Your auction? - BBO Discussion Forums

Jump to content

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

Your auction?

#1 User is offline   karlson 

  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Full Members
  • Posts: 974
  • Joined: 2005-April-06

Posted 2009-June-29, 15:00

We did not get to a very good spot on this deal. Would you have done better?

Scoring: IMP

0

#2 User is offline   gnasher 

  • Andy Bowles
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Advanced Members
  • Posts: 11,993
  • Joined: 2007-May-03
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:London, UK

Posted 2009-June-29, 16:06

1♥-1♠
3♣-3NT

Is that what you meant by not a very good spot?
... that would still not be conclusive proof, before someone wants to explain that to me as well as if I was a 5 year-old. - gwnn
0

#3 User is offline   Echognome 

  • Deipnosophist
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Advanced Members
  • Posts: 4,386
  • Joined: 2005-March-22

Posted 2009-June-29, 16:14

I bid it with Ch00 on IM.

1♥ - 1♠;
3♣ - 3♦;
3♥ - 4♦;
4N - 5♦;
6♦ - Pass
"Half the people you know are below average." - Steven Wright
0

#4 User is offline   aguahombre 

  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Advanced Members
  • Posts: 12,029
  • Joined: 2009-February-21
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:St. George, UT

Posted 2009-June-29, 16:47

looks like 6d down one might be a great result. Making would just be gravy at matchpoints. At IMPs, super. If it wasnt given as a problem on the forum, I doubt we would get to diamonds. Just being honest.
"Bidding Spades to show spades can work well." (Kenberg)
0

#5 User is offline   Phil 

  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Advanced Members
  • Posts: 10,094
  • Joined: 2008-December-11
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:North Texas, USA
  • Interests:Mountain Biking

Posted 2009-June-29, 16:59

Echognome, on Jun 29 2009, 05:14 PM, said:

I bid it with Ch00 on IM.

1♥ - 1♠;
3♣ - 3♦;
3♥ - 4♦;
4N - 5♦;
6♦ - Pass

Was 4N intended as natural or RKC?
Hi y'all!

Winner - BBO Challenge bracket #6 - February, 2017.
0

#6 User is offline   Phil 

  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Advanced Members
  • Posts: 10,094
  • Joined: 2008-December-11
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:North Texas, USA
  • Interests:Mountain Biking

Posted 2009-June-29, 17:00

aguahombre, on Jun 29 2009, 05:47 PM, said:

looks like 6d down one might be a great result. Making would just be gravy at matchpoints. At IMPs, super. If it wasnt given as a problem on the forum, I doubt we would get to diamonds. Just being honest.

I would feel pretty unlucky to go down in 6♦.
Hi y'all!

Winner - BBO Challenge bracket #6 - February, 2017.
0

#7 User is offline   Echognome 

  • Deipnosophist
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Advanced Members
  • Posts: 4,386
  • Joined: 2005-March-22

Posted 2009-June-29, 17:09

Phil, on Jun 29 2009, 02:59 PM, said:

Echognome, on Jun 29 2009, 05:14 PM, said:

I bid it with Ch00 on IM.

1♥ - 1♠;
3♣ - 3♦;
3♥ - 4♦;
4N - 5♦;
6♦ - Pass

Was 4N intended as natural or RKC?

With Jason, would clearly be RKCB. Note that both hands pushed in the auction.

For what it's worth I was opener. Although responder hasn't shown any real strength, he hasn't limited his hand either. I just would imagine after responder bid 4♦, I would exuberant with my hand. Hard to know for sure. The final bump of 5♦ to 6♦ was speculative, but I couldn't imagine responder bidding 4♦ without the Q!
"Half the people you know are below average." - Steven Wright
0

#8 User is offline   kfay 

  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Advanced Members
  • Posts: 2,208
  • Joined: 2007-July-01
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:Michigan
  • Interests:Science, Sports

Posted 2009-June-29, 20:41

Echognome, on Jun 29 2009, 06:09 PM, said:

Phil, on Jun 29 2009, 02:59 PM, said:

Echognome, on Jun 29 2009, 05:14 PM, said:

I bid it with Ch00 on IM.

1♥ - 1♠;
3♣ - 3♦;
3♥ - 4♦;
4N - 5♦;
6♦ - Pass

Was 4N intended as natural or RKC?

With Jason, would clearly be RKCB. Note that both hands pushed in the auction.

For what it's worth I was opener. Although responder hasn't shown any real strength, he hasn't limited his hand either. I just would imagine after responder bid 4♦, I would exuberant with my hand. Hard to know for sure. The final bump of 5♦ to 6♦ was speculative, but I couldn't imagine responder bidding 4♦ without the Q!

True. Ch00's such a n00b
Kevin Fay
0

#9 User is online   P_Marlowe 

  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Advanced Members
  • Posts: 11,157
  • Joined: 2005-March-18
  • Gender:Male

Posted 2009-June-30, 00:06

Hi

we would end up in 3NT, gnashers auctions,
although we would have an additional round
of bidding, 3D over 3C, responder searching
for 3 card support.

Discovering the 6-2 fit in diamonds is nearly
impossible in a natural system.

With kind regards
Marlowe
With kind regards
Uwe Gebhardt (P_Marlowe)
0

#10 User is offline   Fluffy 

  • World International Master without a clue
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Advanced Members
  • Posts: 17,404
  • Joined: 2003-November-13
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:madrid

Posted 2009-July-01, 05:00

1♥-1♠
3♣-3♦


I think it is possible to now bid 3NT and bid 5♦ with south's cards, but I don't think I wold do it at the table.
0

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users