white all, MPs
♠AJ742
♥A2
♦Q954
♣J9
1NT* - (p) - 2♠** - (p)
p - (3♥) - Dbl - (all pass)
* 10-12
** non-forcing
Looks like they stepped in at the wrong time. Now what should we lead to extract the maximum from this board?
Page 1 of 1
for once, a pleasant surprise
#2
Posted 2009-June-26, 12:20
I'm not trying to maximize anything here, but I would like to avoid giving away -530 or even +100. A club might score us a ruff, and a spade might give pard a ruff, but both are at the risk of losing a trick.
I'll lead my 3rd best diamond.
I'll lead my 3rd best diamond.
Hi y'all!
Winner - BBO Challenge bracket #6 - February, 2017.
Winner - BBO Challenge bracket #6 - February, 2017.
#4
Posted 2009-June-26, 14:36
J♣ for me -- have trump control and some chance of a ruff if pard holds A♣ and knows to duck. I suppose we could pickle pard's K♣ if dummy has Q♣ and they hold AT of ♣...
foobar on BBO
#6
Posted 2009-June-26, 15:08
Jack of clubs, I like my odds of getting a ruff and find any suit a little risky anyway.
Please let me know about any questions or interest or bug reports about GIB.
#7
Posted 2009-June-26, 15:26
jdonn, on Jun 26 2009, 04:08 PM, said:
Jack of clubs, I like my odds of getting a ruff and find any suit a little risky anyway.
ditto.
#8
Posted 2009-June-27, 17:30
On the actual deal, any major suit card gets -2 and any minor suit card gets -1 (although the ♣9 may cause them to misguess the suit). I was torn between the ♣J and a diamond, and led the ♣J.
Page 1 of 1

Help
