Balancing over a preempt
#1
Posted 2009-June-04, 12:33
♠ Axxxx
♥ Kxxxx
♦ xxx
♣ -
Green vs Red
(3♣) - Pass - (Pass) - to you
the x's are all less than an 8.
I decided I had to pass because of a BIT from pard, but I think I would have X'd without it. What do you think?
#2
Posted 2009-June-04, 12:40
#3
Posted 2009-June-04, 13:36
Anyhow - I think this a clear hand to X with regardless of the BIT - you don't really need a lot from pard to make 4M and that might have included a lot of hands that might have not acted over 3C. Even if partner has quite a rubbishy hand surely 3 of anything one down is going to be a better score than leaving 3C.
Nick
#4
Posted 2009-June-04, 13:59
#5
Posted 2009-June-04, 14:05
hanp, on Jun 4 2009, 02:59 PM, said:
My thoughts also... I think if I were to bid, 4♣ may also have some merit, especially with a BIT.
#6
Posted 2009-June-04, 14:08
#7
Posted 2009-June-04, 14:10
#8
Posted 2009-June-04, 16:17
hanp, on Jun 4 2009, 07:59 PM, said:
Yes. Quite possibly. But if the BIT suggests that (and I'm not entirely sure it does), then the less worry we have over someone querying the double.
Nick
#9
Posted 2009-June-04, 16:46
#10
Posted 2009-June-04, 17:09
#12
Posted 2009-June-05, 04:28
I would double (pass is definitely not an LA), but I'm not too happy with it. Without the hesitation I would probably bid a more venturous 4♣.
#13
Posted 2009-June-05, 07:32
♠ Tx
♥ AQx
♦ KQ9x
♣ KQxx
opposite my:
♠ Axxxx
♥ Kxxxx
♦ xxx
♣ -
3♣ was down 3 and worth 4 out 12 MPS. 4♥ should go down, but was allowed to make at several tables.
I was more interested in how clear you guys thought it was to act on my hand than the stuff about the BIT.
Whether there was a BIT or not was a close call. RHO said yes, LHO asked what a BIT was, the kibitzer said there was no BIT. Regardless, this is a new partnership and a new club for me so I wanted to be squeaky clean
Partner clearly has a problem over 3♣. Personally, I would have tried 3N, but a timely pass would have worked out best.
#14
Posted 2009-June-05, 10:07
It is MPs and we are white/red: I think partner will pass somewhat aggressively, especially as he is less likely to have a good major given our length.
#15
Posted 2009-June-05, 12:01
nick_s, on Jun 5 2009, 09:32 AM, said:
Partner clearly has a pass over 3♣.
#16
Posted 2009-June-08, 05:52
Apollo81, on Jun 6 2009, 03:01 AM, said:
nick_s, on Jun 5 2009, 09:32 AM, said:
Partner clearly has a pass over 3♣.
I thought the forum bid is 3 NT with aorund 18 HCps, so with 16 and real good stoppers, you have both, a clear pass and a problem.
Roland
Sanity Check: Failure (Fluffy)
More system is not the answer...
#17
Posted 2009-June-08, 06:26
#18
Posted 2009-June-08, 06:50

Help
