BBO Discussion Forums: Good suit bad hand - BBO Discussion Forums

Jump to content

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

Good suit bad hand

#1 User is offline   MarkDean 

  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Full Members
  • Posts: 595
  • Joined: 2008-April-30
  • Location:Pleasanton, CA, US

Posted 2009-June-01, 16:46

Scoring: IMP


(P) P (1♥) dbl
(3♣) ?

3♣ = bergen raise: 4+ hearts and 7-9ish.

Swiss teams, I do not know the opponents, partner's doubling style is pretty normal.
0

#2 User is offline   655321 

  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Advanced Members
  • Posts: 2,502
  • Joined: 2007-December-22

Posted 2009-June-01, 16:57

I would bid 3♠.

Not sure if this is a good bid or not, but it is what I would do at the table.
That's impossible. No one can give more than one hundred percent. By definition that is the most anyone can give.
0

#3 User is offline   rogerclee 

  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Advanced Members
  • Posts: 3,214
  • Joined: 2007-December-16
  • Location:Pasadena, CA

Posted 2009-June-01, 17:32

3♠, I like my record of bidding spades aggressively when they have hearts.
0

#4 User is offline   mtvesuvius 

  • Vesuvius the Violent Volcano
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Advanced Members
  • Posts: 3,216
  • Joined: 2008-December-04
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:Tampa-Area, Florida
  • Interests:SLEEPING

Posted 2009-June-01, 17:34

3♠ at the table for sure... I might pass on BBF though :)
Yay for the "Ignored Users" feature!
0

#5 User is offline   jdonn 

  • - - T98765432 AQT8
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Advanced Members
  • Posts: 15,085
  • Joined: 2005-June-23
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:Las Vegas, NV

Posted 2009-June-01, 17:35

I not only would bid 3♠ but am fairly confident in it in theory as well as in practice.
Please let me know about any questions or interest or bug reports about GIB.
0

#6 User is offline   Codo 

  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Advanced Members
  • Posts: 6,373
  • Joined: 2003-March-15
  • Location:Hamburg, Germany
  • Interests:games and sports, esp. bridge,chess and (beach-)volleyball

Posted 2009-June-02, 02:35

3 ♠ is so obvious, it must be wrong.
Kind Regards

Roland


Sanity Check: Failure (Fluffy)
More system is not the answer...
0

#7 User is offline   skjaeran 

  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Advanced Members
  • Posts: 3,727
  • Joined: 2006-June-05
  • Location:Oslo, Norway
  • Interests:Bridge, sports, Sci-fi, fantasy

Posted 2009-June-02, 10:27

3♠. Unanimous?
Kind regards,
Harald
0

#8 User is offline   whereagles 

  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Advanced Members
  • Posts: 14,900
  • Joined: 2004-May-11
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:Portugal
  • Interests:Everything!

Posted 2009-June-02, 14:25

Seems so. Even I bid 3♠ :D
0

#9 User is offline   akhare 

  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Advanced Members
  • Posts: 1,261
  • Joined: 2005-September-04
  • Gender:Male

Posted 2009-June-02, 15:00

Pretty clear 3♠.

I suppose this must have pushed the opps into 4♥-X, making and they might have rested in 3♥ in the postmortem? ;)..
foobar on BBO
0

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

4 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 4 guests, 0 anonymous users